Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Replacing drivers door window
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kpfoten
Hello,

Just wondering if there are any tricks to installing drivers side glass? I'm going to put a new window in (1973--glass fits in the channel). Any tips?

Thanks,

Kris
So.Cal.914
Don't drop the glass...

Early doors are different that late doors. I sudjest you draw a 'blueprint' as you

disassemble the door. That way you will finish the project to your satisfaction. smile.gif
smg914
I deleted my post. Sorry, I misread your topic.
realjobdon
Hi Kris,

I am in almost the exact same situation ('cept mine is a 72.) In the process of replacing my drivers side window. I actually have all the pieces off (and vacuumed out the pieces of glass from the old broken one.) As I slide the new one (to me) in I noticed the guide was loose. Unsure how it was originally attached (or more specifically how I should reattach it) I began to surf the web. And I found this site biggrin.gif Now...
#1 I"m told that I can use the same kind of glue one would use on a rear view mirror to reattach the guide. Anyone out there want to affirm or refute this?
#2 and this one is for Kris too... while looking around on the Auto Atlanta site I see there are supposed to be 4 roller guides (and spring washers for the roller.) So when you remove your old window watch out for these little guys. My 914 did not have them in to begin with... (nor did the glass have a guide when I bought the car.) Still trying to source a set of rollers before I put the new window in.

Other than that it is a pretty straight forward job...

Don
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.