Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: K+N with watershield Hats?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thesey914
I was planning to use the stock airfilter housing on my conversion, but I have the metal filter housing which won't fit under the lid. Do I need a plastic one -are these shorter? Or should i just get K+N watershileds + be done with. Any suggestions about who to use?
SGB
didja look at aircooled.net? Lotsa options there, but I don't know if the have the shields...
Cap'n Krusty
Morph'n Spectra in Oregon. The Cap'n
thesey914
Did the 914-6 use a plastic air filter housing then - I'm guessing this airfilter is not as tall as the metal type?
sixnotfour
Do you still have the rain tray? , If so delete it, factory -6's had no tray.
thesey914
nope no tray this is fouling the actual lid
Cap'n Krusty
I suppose I could have given you a better answer if I'd known you were talking about a /6. PMO in Santa Monica, CA, sells a REALLY nice filter setup, complete with rain hats and breather plumbing. Best I've found. 914/6s used a plastic aircleaner housing. the Cap'n
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Richard Parr at PMO has the best fitting and the best deal. We have his parts here and they fit perfectly (of course no rain tray!!) Even work with the taller intake stacks!
thesey914
I had a search on the AA site for these filters but didn't find them, have a link?
Do pelican sell the PMO kit?
PeeGreen 914
Automotion has them. They are not on the website... that I could find, but here is the international # 1-818-787-7500.

That's where I got mine from and they fit perfect.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.