Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front/Rear Calipers...Left or Right?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Danny_Ocean
I can tell the difference between male/female cats, but trying to figure out which calipers are L/R has me WTF.gif

confused24.gif

type47
brake bleeder valve will be on the top side/upper end of the caliper when mounted on the car (so air cannot be trapped in the caliper if bleeder was lower), however, i've heard some 914 calipers have 2 bleeder valves. also, on rears, parking brake lever is on bottom/
Eric_Shea
Rears: Put them in front of you with the back of the caliper facing you. Put the two handbrake arms together. You now have them left and right.

Fronts: Depends on the year but... go through the same exercise. This time put the bleeders on the "outside" edges. You now have them left and right. If they are dual bleeder models, look for the bleeder that is indented further into a round cutout. Put those on the outside edges. You now have them left and right. wink.gif
davep
Front calipers for the 914 should have pistons with a section of the face, that touches the pads, recessed. The recessed portion goes up, or more specifically the cut edge faces the direction of the rotor turning to meet it. Thus the leading edge of the pad is not fully supported by the piston. Generally this cutout is at a 20ยบ angle and there is a sheet metal keeper to prevent the piston from rotating. This keeper is held in place by the upper pin.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.