Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Small updates ... good looking !
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johannes
Just bought a nice set of Mahle rims on Ebay.
Got the lugs from a member of this forum and also got two nice foglights from a member.
This just put a smile on my face. Not bad looking for a big bumper ? wub.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Brian Mifsud
Very nice Johannes. I can only hope my '76 Sunflower looks as good some day.
TravisNeff
Nice!
purple
Very nice! I have the same bodystyle (big bumpers) and the same wheels(less shiny). Good to see what properly prepped mahles look like.

Are mahle's magnesium or aluminum?
Sleepin
Wow! Great looking BB 914!!! Really like it!
johannes
QUOTE(purple @ May 2 2008, 12:09 PM) *

Very nice! I have the same bodystyle (big bumpers) and the same wheels(less shiny). Good to see what properly prepped mahles look like.

I think they are aluminium. The rare 5 lugs were magnesium.
FYI, I found out the aluminium Mahle weight about 2 pounds less than the steel rims.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
My I go on record to say that sunflower (summer) yellow is my favorite 914 color and that your car (especially with the mahles) looks FABULOUS!!!!!! Congrats and keep up the good work.
purple
QUOTE(johannes @ May 2 2008, 03:19 PM) *

QUOTE(purple @ May 2 2008, 12:09 PM) *

I think they are aluminium. The rare 5 lugs were magnesium.
FYI, I found out the aluminium Mahle weight about 2 pounds less than the steel rims.

i was shocked when i pulled the wheels off my teener. they are sooo light. my other car at the time was a mazda 6 with factory 18'' rims. omfg, those were boat anchors by comparison!
johannes
more wub.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Grimstead
agree.gif
I'm sure it doesn't hurt that you take some great pictures.

As for the bumpers, I am partial to them myself but the extra weight does load down the car (take them off for a day and drive around, I was amazed myself)

IPB Image
Allan
Car looks great!!!

Pictures could be used for a sales brochure. biggrin.gif
rjames
Beautiful car! Nice landscape too. I love Mahles, and although I don't mind the look of the BBBs, I plan on taking them off at some point too to save some weight.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
So.Cal.914
Great Pic's, car looks super with those rims.
jim_hoyland
Great pics and great looking 914. Did you cut the bumper pads to make the Euro license plate fit ?

burton73
Now that is a fly YELLOW. A great yellow not a sad 1970 bird yellow.

Very clean car. Great pictures.

Bob
championgt1
QUOTE(Headrage @ May 2 2008, 01:47 PM) *

Car looks great!!!

agree.gif Very nice indeed!
Elliot Cannon
Great looking car. I like the looks of the Porsche crest on the yellow hood. I'm going to add one to my car just to piss off T H O M A S av-943.gif
Gustl
QUOTE(Headrage @ May 2 2008, 08:47 PM) *

Car looks great!!!

agree.gif

bye1.gif Gustl
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ May 2 2008, 10:57 PM) *

Great looking car. I like the looks of the Porsche crest on the yellow hood. I'm going to add one to my car just to piss off T H O M A S av-943.gif

av-943.gif

Nice car...s
jimtab
I'm not normally a fan of big bumpers or yellow cars but damn...that car looks nice, I do like the wheels, the only style I like better is the old school minilights. Beautiful setting for the pictures, I have to get back to France, and soon. Jim
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ May 2 2008, 08:16 PM) *

Great pics and great looking 914. Did you cut the bumper pads to make the Euro license plate fit ?

It looks like they perform a mastectomy on the bumper 'tit' and lay the plate from the edge of the left tit over.

Click to view attachment
johannes
No ! bumper tits were unchanged. Plate lays over. European cars never got the tits. I have them because my car was re-imported from California.
This will be cured in the next weeks. I just bought two nice "untitted"rubbers at a bargain.

The weight is also a concern. I plan to make some changes (understand holes) to the metal structure in order to lighten it.

I'll take pictures during the process.
bandjoey
WOW! That's a great combination. A. How did you polish - finish - put the SHINE on the wheels. B. What's the color code for this yellow? RePaint or Factory? It's Looks Great! agree.gif
Joe Bob
Haven't seen them in person, but I've seen pics of fiberglass repros of the later bumpers.....WAY lighter and you can hide a oil cooler back there.

Obviously not great for low speed collisions but what is?
edrotol
QUOTE(johannes @ May 2 2008, 12:48 PM) *

Just bought a nice set of Mahle rims on Ebay.
Got the lugs from a member of this forum and also got two nice foglights from a member.
This just put a smile on my face. Not bad looking for a big bumper ? wub.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Congratulations. Great shot of one similar to mine a long time ago when I was doing concours-no longer have it - but have an ivory white nowadays concours too but not doing it - but my question is you have interesting side marker lights - seems flatter and lighter in color - what are they, shaved off of the originals? aftermarket only in France? thanks for enlightening us.
johannes
Bandjoey: I bought the rims as they are. They look to have been painted with metallic silver. Color is original Sunflower, but picture was shot at sunset, so the color looks more red.

Joe Mama: There was a thread about theese bumpers. This might be over my budget and I want some protection for my car. I think lighten the metal structure is the good way to go. Theese parts are over-oversized because of the stupid "5 miles" law.

Edrotol: Sidemarkers are fake. Theese are flat reflectors. French cars don't have sidemarkers but this is a Californian re-imported car.
I don't know what I will do.
1 put original sidemarkers (cheap)
2 fill the holes and repaint the car (expensive).
jim_hoyland
Interesting. The tits on my '75 seem to be holding the rubber bumper to the metal backing - this makes it pretty secure or tight. What attaches the rubber bumper on the tit-less versions??

Curious---I also heard the Euro '75 had a rubber bumper and no 80 lb back uo plate ? True ?

QUOTE(johannes @ May 3 2008, 04:02 PM) *

No ! bumper tits were unchanged. Plate lays over. European cars never got the tits. I have them because my car was re-imported from California.
This will be cured in the next weeks. I just bought two nice "untitted"rubbers at a bargain.

The weight is also a concern. I plan to make some changes (understand holes) to the metal structure in order to lighten it.

I'll take pictures during the process.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.