Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: best anti theft device
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rufio0205
I am just wanting to know what everyone thinks is the best anti theft or the best theft deterant device on the market.. yes, locks...good call. but windows break. any ideas

lets hear them!!!!
effutuo101
two types of theft. tow and drive. tow. no stoping it. a line lock on the breaks will slow them down. Drive: removable stearing wheel, low jack, fuel or ignition cut off.
reverie
Park on the driveway and block your car in with another car.

Also, see SirAndy's recent thread on this topic. wink.gif
davep
Parked on a military base, surrounded by marines, who have been ordered that only you have permission to move the vehicle.
cobra94563
Depends on want you mean and want ..
1) deter theft...
2) prevent theft..
or 3) recover vehicle.

I have none but would lean toward 2).. (like fuel pump cut-off.)
If I parked often in a less safe area, I would get 1 and 2.
If I had mucho money in the car or more rare, maybe 3)

anyone use those zoombak?
keske968
I know from riding motorcycles that there are a lot of anit theft items out there for bikes and one really cought my attention. Perhaps something like this could be created or modified for our cars. Would only work if you owned your own place or had permission to anchor this into the concrete and at a locking or keyed lug nut but its an idea.

Ultra strong floor anchor
Unique fold-flat design
Secured with 4 Allen M10 - 3/8" concrete expansion bolts
Expansion bolts are double secured with steel balls and caps
Home and away kit includes high security padlock which doubles as disc lock
High security lock & pouch included
Floating plate key system on lock
srb7f
Pop the distributor cap and take the rotor with you---my hunch is that most theives don't plan ahead that well. Steve
Dr. Roger
IPB Image

or a clutch pedal lock...

IPB Image

or a gearshift lock

IPB Image
Elliot Cannon
Sometimes just locking the door helps. My wifes chiropractor forgot to lock his Aston Martin. Someone got in, opened the hood, poured sand in the oil,resulting in, siezed oil pump, 0 oil pressure, siezed engine. Not a good day for the spine doc.
PeeGreen 914
Guess the doc must have pissed someone off... why else would they do that? That's just mean.
rufio0205
so i guess i'll be getting new lock cylinders hahaha. and a window tint....good ideas
Joe Bob
Trunk monkey with a .357?
dw914er
dr roger, nice yj dash!!!

well, sometimes the guy will get the car anyways if they really want it.

best thing is dont make it look easy to get.

also, the other other car thief is just the valuables inside the car. That is by far the most common and easiest thieft, so never leave anything valuable the is visible from the outside of the car.
JRust
I like the quick release steering wheel. I leave my car unlockled with teh top off. I leave nothing in the car to steal. I don't have the quick release steering wheel yet but it is on my list. Work great to pull it off & put in the locked rear or front trunk blink.gif
PeeGreen 914
My brother teaches the milarty how to look for bombs. He gets to rig all sorts neat things ofr them to see. I am sure he could make it so if someone you don't want to get in there trys they will simply blow up biggrin.gif
LowGT
I used to take the coil wire with me when I parked at work.

I always had the doors unlocked and the top off, I think the absence of interior was enough to deter thieves anyway. smile.gif
mel reckling
Generally a 'pro' knows his way around most devices and will get what he wants, cars to strip for parts. The amateur will joy ride and trash the car in a lot of cases. If you can discourage the latter so much the better. We used to sell a $4 alarm system which was a sticker saying "this car protected by...." just to confuse the joyriders.

Lately around here catalytic converters are being taken a lot. Keys can be cut by accessing service records off the vins by unscrupulous parts people at dealerships.

There's always one of these guys when all else fails.

flippa
QUOTE(Joe Mama @ May 3 2008, 07:24 PM) *

Trunk monkey with a .357?

Best f-ing commercials ever made!

www.djp3.net/codexperductum/archives/2006/11/ (or check out "Trunk Monkey Compilation" on YouTube)

I think we all need one of these!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.