smoke.gif

agree.gif it's been a long while ... sad.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 2 2008, 02:14 PM) *

QUOTE(736conver @ May 2 2008, 02:13 PM) *

Hows Dave doing anybody know, I dont remember reading anything for awhile

smoke.gif

agree.gif it's been a long while ... sad.gif

agree.gif dry.gif been thinkin about him.. Wishin him the best he can have.
Root_Werks
Shoot, that brings back some memories. I remember meeting his family, really nice kids/wife. We had that sawzall party years ago and they showed up. Couple of the guys put a 914 seat on his wheel chair. That was crazy fun!
scotty b
icon_bump.gif smilie_rolli_1.gif
Bleyseng
the phone numbers I had for dave and Kori don't work anymore so I fear for the worse....
Root_Werks
I was thinking the same thing. sad.gif I did a search on the site and the last thread I can find on him is almost 2 years old! One of the threads has his wifes e-mail. Anyone know her well enough to send something?
reverie
Dan, if you could PM that e-mail address to Geoff (Bleyseng) or myself, it would be most appreciated. Thank you!

By the way, I noticed the other day that there's a new member on this website, goes by the user-name Dave/Kori (or is it Kori/Dave, I forget). Could someone confirm that user-name for us? I don't know how to do a member search..

Rog
Gint
That is indeed Dave and Kori.

Dave/Kori posts

The last real post that Kori made with Dave's status and his email address:

QUOTE(Dave/Kori @ Feb 26 2007, 01:55 AM) *

First off, Dave and I just had a great time together reading through these pages. Dave had a smile on his face the entire time, which was awesome to see. You all are exceptionally amazing-individually, and as a group. I have never seen, or been a part of anything else like this club. You're willingness to sacrifice in order to support not only us, but also eachother everyday the way you all do is truly inspiring. I think Dave was happy to feel a part of that again.

After many months offline, we finally have a computer again. Tomorrow Dave is supposed to receive his new "eye gaze" system which will allow him to operate the mouse with his eye's. You may just catch him browsing through the site again! His email is activated again, dkcawdrey@msn.com, for anyone wanting to get in touch. Feel free to ask any questions about the 914, and I will help with the replies.

As most of you may know, Dave is mainly bed-ridden, and can no longer speak. However, he is always (well usually) up for short visits. I should also mention that the drive out here to North Bend is amazing, if anyone wants to come take a look at the car. I think Kevin may have got a look at it when he was out here last?

Thanks again to all of you, and best wishes to you and your loved ones-

Kori & Dave
rick 918-S
Anyone know What stage his car is at? I wonder if we should open a discussion on getting it finished? Is it even close?

I just used the email address listed in the post on Mike's link. Maybe it's a good email yet. The post is over a year old.
reverie
Hopefully they'll reply soon. I can go to their house in North Bend tomorrow (Sunday).
Don't know if they'll be home. They may be in Portland visiting relatives..

Just a heads-up if anyone else wants to go - Keoni and Eli have very strong throwing arms.. accurate, too. wink.gif
effutuo101
The last time I saw his car it was just after they moved. Not a lot of progress as he was sick. Probably a good time to start thinking about getting up there and busting some knuckles. It looked really close to being ready for mud and paint. But, it has been a while and might need to be media blasted, prep and primer.
Bleyseng
Its pretty much in the same condition as from the big flare party, hammered out but needs finishing. He had a ton of parts in boxes too...

I am always good for one day but time is tight for me this summer already to commit to another project.

Even if Dave has passed on I would like to see the car finished.

OT..I just started a Construction remodel project for a man who has ALS. We're redoing the Masterbath for wheelchair access and then onto the Kitchen/addition.
The guy is really nice but its still hard for me since my experience with Dave.

Here is a pic of Dave and family
dinomium
well I feel lame! How could it be this long already...
mstein95
If all is status quo - any chance to include a 914 parade past his residence during the WCR?
effutuo101
count me in on that even if we don't do it at WCC.
dinomium
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ May 3 2008, 12:30 PM) *

count me in on that even if we don't do it at WCC.

+1
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.