Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New lift
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Elliot Cannon
Just bought a new lift for my garage. Well. Actually for my covered car-port.
Elliot Cannon
The ceiling is a bit low. I should be able to get the windshield and targa bar between the joists.
Elliot Cannon
This car has no roll cage, so fits a little better.
Elliot Cannon
Ummmm. Just a little snug. I like the lift a lot, (so far). Works off 110 ac power.
rhodyguy
a great alternative for limited clearance. i was on the concrete floor today. enough of that crap. i have 10'to the bottom of the rafters. i'm not waiting for a new garage.

k
Gint
You're gonna love that Elliot. Make, model, price tag please.
jim_hoyland
Is that the Harbor Freight one ? dry.gif
Heeltoe914
Looks great you will wonder why you waited.
Ask me how I know?

race914
smilie_pokal.gif

Good Job!!
JeffBowlsby
You are an inspiration Elliot...

I hope I can still wrench when I am retired... biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
Good work!

i want one!
Borderline
Nice, Elliot!!! What is the ht when totally compressed? How high will it go? Have you got a big project planned? aktion035.gif
JRust
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ May 2 2008, 09:04 PM) *

Good work!

i want one!

Ditto! Where did you get it & how much? confused24.gif
Elliot Cannon
I got it at bestbuyautoequipment.com 800 653 0115. They are located in Temecula California. The lift pads are about 5 inches off the ground when fully lowered. It raised up almost 4 feet. Both my cars are low enough that I had to use some 2X10s to raise the car high enough to clear. It weighs about 1000 lbs. and I had to hire a crane to come and lift my lift out of my pickup truck! laugh.gif I have been threatening to get one of these for a long time and yes...Why did I wait so long? The cost was about $1200.

Cheers, Elliot
PeeGreen 914
So which car are you bring to the WCR? I vote yellow biggrin.gif but they both look very nice.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ May 2 2008, 11:43 PM) *

So which car are you bring to the WCR? I vote yellow biggrin.gif but they both look very nice.

If everything goes right, the Screaming Yellow Zonker will be there.
PeeGreen 914
Cool.. I have heard a lot about that car... I can't wait to see it in person. piratenanner.gif
Elliot Cannon
biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
drooley.gif
biosurfer1
Looks great...

and my rebate check just happens to be on the way...hm

PRS914-6
There is one bad thing about buying a lift.......Once you use it your ass will be sore from kicking it because you didn't buy one sooner!!!!!

If I added the amount of hours I spent on my back during my life, it would exceed the back time of all the hookers in Las Vegas. blink.gif

Now that I have one I can't imagine working on a car without one. Even my wife commented to me that she couldn't believe I didn't buy one years ago after she saw it working.

Enjoy your purchase.....
Allan
Nice...

Are you gonna be around tomorrow?

I might be in the area... driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.