Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Barrie Ontario Canada to Chicago
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
smithhurd
Just finished my purchase of a 1973 914 2.0 with SDS from Barrie Ontario, Canada. The engine was rebuilt by Mark Henry and ran smoothly all the way home. I flew in to Toronto this morning with my 17 year old son and 8 hrs later I was in Chicago at home with my new Porsche. Although it rained, it was a great trip that he and I will never forget. Now I need a good local mechanic so I can get a valve adjustment. I hope someone can reccommend a good mechanic quickly. Thanks.

Bill
davep
Congratulations. We are sorry to lose a good 914, but I am sure it has gone to a good home. I think Glenn Stazak can help with finding a mechanic.
GaroldShaffer
Congrats! beerchug.gif

I know there are places in Chicagoland that can do it, but I will also recommend Brad Mayeur owner of 914LTD in Peoria IL. His number is 309-694-1797. A super great guy. Give him a call, I am sure he knows of some places in Chicago he would recommend also.
Gint
agree.gifwelcome.png
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.