Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Finished Weekend Project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bruce Allert
Finally finished boldblue.gif Got the beige door panels in with my original black arm rests, installed beige carpet obtained from Morphenspectra (thanks James). Everything went quite well. Carpet fit extrordinarily fine. Door panels were a breeze. Removed some surface rust areas on the floor pan (but decided to leave tar on & continue to be blind to what might be lurking) cool.gif Actually, when I chipped tar back to good metal I was finding original grey paint. There were no real areas of suspect. Anyway, I'm happy with the outcome & looks. Now all that's left to get "beiged" is the seat inserts.
Oh! and I didn't have any parts left over... not even a screw wink.gif

.....b
ChrisReale
I like it. smilie_pokal.gif
echocanyons
Very nice work

It turned out great
Korijo
Looks super clean, Bruce smilie_pokal.gif . I REALLY dig black and tan.

BTW, did you notice the beer Tristen is drinking in the Powdercoating topic. FT beer3.gif .
Bruce Allert
Hiya Dave wavey.gif
thanks for the comments one & all
Good to hear from you Dave. I wouldn't have noticed the Fat Tire if you hadn't mentioned it. ya got some really nice manifolds there. Great color too
.......b
Korijo
The manifolds are ruin't, actually. One was dropped, and both have messed up clear coat.

Oh well. I'll redo to make it look like the one in my avitar.
Gint
I kind of like the black seats on the tan carpet Bruce. I had a red Spiftfire at one time like that. I used to get a LOT of positive comments on it. You might want to consider leaving it that way for a while and see how you like it.
joea9146
Bruce.... looks nice.
What kind of steering wheel is that ?
Bruce Allert
That's a Momo wheel. If you're wondering because of its oval shape, the stretching of the picture to fit the page did that wink.gif

Gint, I can see what you maen looking at it more... if the inserts were beige they wouldn't contrast as they do now. Good idea, thanks. Was thinking on changing the color of the arm rest bottom to beige.

........b
Joe Bob
Center console....what's in there? Is that your own work or the speaker kit from one of our posters?
Porsche Rescue
Really like the look Bruce. Sure hope tan isn't faster!
Howard
Looks great! Just changed my carpet order to beige/tan. James seems like a really good guy.
STL914
The tan looks pretty nice. Last year I changed the black interior in my white '74 to tan; carpeting, back pad and door panels. I kept the console pad between the seats black to match the doors. I think the white exterior and tan interior makes a good looking combination.

Unfortunately, white car is being parted out soon and I'm not sure if I should transfer the tan interior to "new" Bahia Red '72.
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(mikez @ Jan 20 2004, 08:40 AM)
Center console....what's in there? Is that your own work or the speaker kit from one of our posters?

I made the console & put the speakers in. They just barely fit too.

Jim, we'll see if beige is faster march AX wink.gif

Howard, James does have a great product. The marine carpet is soft enough so you can fold where you need & make a very prof. looking install.

STL, beige looks great with red too. I wanted to do this to add brightness to the interior instead of looking into a "black hole"!

.........b
Joe Bob
So you got two in the kick panels....two in the middle? No bass or tweeters? How is that for seperation of channels?
Bruce Allert
The 6"ers in the consol really do a great job on bass. The 4" Blaupunkts in the kicks have a nice high range, so much so that I need to turn the treble down below half way. As for separation, the only time I really get that is if Pink Floyd is on or Led Zep. Otherwise it's just the whole cabin is filled with fantastic tunes smile.gif I have the 6"'s on the front channel and the 4"'s on the rear. I could switch so a 4 & 6 were on the front etc... to get actual separation. The car is so noisy that it really doesn't matter to me.

.....b
scotty
Nice. Where'd the door panel material come from? good color match.
redshift
Wow! That looks excellent! I recently turned around on the subect of non-black interiors, I like them in orange and red cars.... (damned britain)

smile.gif

M
Bruce Allert
Hey Scotty, they are original panels from a '73. I put a wanted ad on the classifieds here & Billy Whitesides came thru with them. Ya, I was pleased with the match. beer.gif

Miles, thanks!
you could do your car then you'd be driving a drink rolleyes.gif (ever have one 'a dem???) they're GUD! beerchug.gif
scotty
Aww...I thought you reupholstered wink.gif
larryp
Hey! Similar; tan console, black carpets.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.