Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear sway and possible tire rub question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rtalich
I'm in the process of changing to five lug and am going to use phone dials, 16x7's. I had 205/55-16 tires mounted on the rears and did a fit check. They fit but is tighter on one side, about 3/16" to 1/4" from rubbing the fender. For a daily driver will these be OK to run? Or should I go with the 195's? I have sway bar installed... even so, will the rear sway that much to have the fender rub?

Thanks,
Rob
SirAndy
QUOTE(rtalich @ May 5 2008, 03:30 PM) *

I'm in the process of changing to five lug and am going to use phone dials, 16x7's. I had 205/55-16 tires mounted on the rears and did a fit check. They fit but is tighter on one side, about 3/16" to 1/4" from rubbing the fender. For a daily driver will these be OK to run? Or should I go with the 195's? I have sway bar installed... even so, will the rear sway that much to have the fender rub?

you should be fine ... you might need to "roll" the inner fender lip to prevent rubbing ...
bye1.gif Andy
Eric_Shea
Rob... have you simply tried pulling on the fender lip by hand? You'd be amazed. These things never seem to measure up side to side.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.