Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine compartment channel replacement?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dbgriffith75
I need to do some sheet metal work in the hell hole of my '75. The channel that holds the sheet metal seal in place on this side of the car is beyond saving. I'm wondering if a replacement channel can be found? I couldn't find it on Pelican, unless I wasn't looking in the right place.

Any ideas??
2-OH!
Restoration Designs sells the entire right hand engine shelf with the channel installed...I do not know if he will sell just the channel itself...If you can get a hold of him...He's tough to reach...

You may end up making your own out of sheet metal and bending to fit...

www.restoration-design.com

2-OH!
jd74914
I bent sheet around two rods of the correct diameter. The seal fits just fine and you would never know that it isn't factory. smile.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(dbgriffith75 @ May 6 2008, 12:23 PM) *

I need to do some sheet metal work in the hell hole of my '75. The channel that holds the sheet metal seal in place on this side of the car is beyond saving. I'm wondering if a replacement channel can be found? I couldn't find it on Pelican, unless I wasn't looking in the right place.

Any ideas??

new on the shelf
Wilhelm
QUOTE(2-OH! @ May 6 2008, 12:58 PM) *

Restoration Designs sells the entire right hand engine shelf with the channel installed...I do not know if he will sell just the channel itself...If you can get a hold of him...He's tough to reach...

You may end up making your own out of sheet metal and bending to fit...

www.restoration-design.com

2-OH!

Not to be a thread stealer, but........
I ordered some stuff from restoration-design about a month ago via the online web-order, got no confirmation email, charge card not charged. No one seems to answer the phone. Is this typical? Do I just need to be patient? Or should I just call and call and call?
watsonrx13
R-D is hard to get a response from, you'll need to be patient....

To the original poster, in the past I've contacted R-D and they said they could supply just the channel, but since AA has responded that they have the product on their shelf now, I'd recommend calling and placing an order for just the channel, not the engine shelf....

-- Rob
TeenerTim
Automobile Atlanta has them. I need to order one soon too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.