Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dodge SlingShot, what do you think?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Doug73/2.0
As long as we are talking about the new Pontiac...What do you think of this new dodge with a removable roof panel. Roff stows in the truck ala 914. I love the front but can't quite come to grips with the rear. a 3 cyc eng with 0-60 in 10 sec seems pokey.
http://www.dodgeboy.net/news/slingshot/
boxstr
FUGLY.
CCL
Britain Smith
IPB Image
rick 918-S
QUOTE(boxstr @ Jan 20 2004, 09:08 AM)
FUGLY.
CCL

double bootyshake.gif fugly
need4speed
SlingShit?
2-seater station wagon?
tat2dphreak
that's fuglier than the z3 bimmer hatchback... barf.gif

even worse, it's a DODGE, it DOESN't have the Gut German Engineering the BMW had
Jenny
Yes, it most certainly is fugly, but look at that picture. I think it's promising all your gray hair will turn to brown, and miraculously grow to shoulder length. Sure to attract the ladies. Comes standard with candy in the passenger seat for the wee little lass.

Jen
seanery
I'd like to see more pics before I make up my mind. I do remember thinking a certain square car was ugly till I drove it.
Joe Bob
Chick car.....
zehrschnell914
I like the front, but then I just bought a new Dodge truck so what do I know. ohmy.gif
scotty
These blowtorch.gif sawzall-smiley.gif will help out that problem rear quarter...
Gint
Yes, it most certainly is fugly, but look at that picture. I think it's promising all your gray hair will turn to brown, and miraculously grow to shoulder length. Sure to attract the ladies. Comes standard with candy in the passenger seat for the wee little lass.

Where do I sign up? Miles will be socond on the list. OK, maybe he'll be first.
Carl
Looks like an MR2 after a session of Queer Eye.
Rgreen914
Looks way more "ricer" than racer!
redshift
I like it better than having to find a phantom 914 problem.

smile.gif

M
need4speed
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Jan 20 2004, 12:27 PM)
even worse, it's a DODGE, it DOESN't have the Gut German Engineering the BMW had

Isn't Dodge 0wned by Mercedes?
tat2dphreak
yes, but they aren't using any of the engineering yet... to my knowledge.., anyway... my other car is a chrysler, and it uses more mitsubishi parts than anything... and I constantly have *something* going on with it headbang.gif

IMHO: this car says " lets take the ugliness of a hatchback, take all the room out of it, and give it the utility of a 2-seater"

the WORST part of both worlds...
oh, did I mention it will only be a 3-cyl. car... which means you can't run away from your friends when they are laughing at your ass!!
onrails
agree.gif
chick car!
seanery
some of the newer Chrysler family (new products, not new cars) are starting to share the Daimler family's engineering. Look at the Crossfire, it sits on a SLK chassis. I saw a switch from a ML in the new Durango as well.
Hi_Fi_Guy
The SlingShot is OBVIOUSLY a rebody of the MB SMART Roadster. A DiamlerChrysler product that is very popular in Europe in convertable and hatchback form.

The Smart roaster is sort of a BugEye Sprite for the new generation. I am sure the Slingshot was designed to appeal to kids who are 12-15 now and would be old enough to drive when it is released. Low power, kind of sporty, decent handling = fun to drive, lower to insure car for youngsters. Very similar thinking to Toyota's youth oriented Scion brand.

http://www.smart.com/

IPB Image
tat2dphreak
to me, that one looks a *LITTLE* better... reminds me of a retro'd manx... speed buggy...

remember the honda Excrement, err... I mean, ELEMENT was designed for first time buyers as well... but kids didn't like the looks, most people that have bought one are late 30s-early 40s who want a cheap commuter car/kid getter...

the slingshot is EVEN uglier than the Honda!!!! but I think some kids might like THAT car (the smart car)... eventhough it is designed by dailmer chrysler also...

I'm thinking the smart car is just a slightly better looking cousin to the slingshot idea.gif

hell, it ALMOST looks decent in this PIC:
tat2dphreak
oops:
thesey914
I thought that it looked very similar to the Smart roadster when I saw it......Loads of these Smarts in the UK and they're pretty highly regarded, not fast, but still fun.
I reckon the dodge is a fine looking machine -I think it works. Looks better than the smart IMO.
AlexO
Could just be another car that doesnt photgraph well. I didn't think the RX-8 or new Z looked that great 'till I saw 'em in person.
--Alex
Bruce Allert
It's a "Mutt"... it looks like it had 3 daddies
the Z3, the CRX & the MR2 then Marvin the Martian added his intergalactic carbonizer on the roll bar! drunk.gif

..........b
need4speed
Now that one looks a lot like a Civic Del Sol to me. . .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.