Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: interior stereo ideas
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dw914er
im thinking of adding a few speakers (and or replacing the kicker panel speakers) and do a small sub also.

i want to leave my door panels alone though becasue they car clean, and original.

What did you guys do to maximize the stereo options for the car. I want to leave it semi stock looking, but concours correct just doesnt make enough sound for my musical taste

thanks
Hammy
QUOTE(dw914er @ May 6 2008, 11:58 PM) *

im thinking of adding a few speakers (and or replacing the kicker panel speakers) and do a small sub also.

i want to leave my door panels alone though becasue they car clean, and original.

What did you guys do to maximize the stereo options for the car. I want to leave it semi stock looking, but concours correct just doesnt make enough sound for my musical taste

thanks

Have you taken a look at Morph's speaker/sub options in the member vendor's area?
JOE M
If it was me I would bring dancing bear in your avitar.He does have a boom box.
McMark
Speaker pods and subwoofer box from James/Morph. His website.

Adding sound proofing to the cabin will help as well.
Jeffs9146
This is what I did with Morphs kick boxes!
messix
i've got a sub box that replaces the foam foot rest on the pass. side that morph made. i mounted a rockford 8" sub in it, it barley fit but sounds great,i think he only made a couple and if you ask him nicely he might make another for you.

i also have his kick panel pods, they work good too.

[i'm powering this with a rockford 4040]
Twise
I modified Morphs passenger footwell box and stuffed a JL Audio 10W3 in it. I also modified his kick panel pods to hold a 6.5" Focal co-axial. I will power it all with an Alpine PDX-4.150. And for a head unit I am using an Alpine iDA-X001 to control my ipod and receive XM only. I just couldn't leave well enough alone.
dw914er
thanks, ill look into this.

after my buddy did his subs in his datsun 260z, and his 350z, i realized i need more 'bump' from the stereo
Rand
QUOTE(messix @ May 7 2008, 01:38 PM) *

i've got a sub box that replaces the foam foot rest on the pass. side that morph made. i mounted a rockford 8" sub in it, it barley fit but sounds great,

I can vouch for Troy's. Sounds great. And I've always loved the stealth factor of installs like that with carpet over the speaker to completely hide it (carpet won't stop bass). You hear this KICKIN sound and don't see where it's coming from. Plus it's a nice theft deterrant.
iamchappy
Door panels are a dime a dozen, get kick panel 6 1/2 speaker pods and door speakers.
If you dont want to cut into your door panels pick up another pair. Door panels are not like serial numbers on a car.

I went for the full bang and cut into all that needed to be cut. biggrin.gif

Alpine 6 1/2's , Alpine 5 1/4's , 8" Quart subs.
MikeHall
These cars are almost perfect for a High performace stereo. The high dash with flat bottom and huge kick panels are pefect for a set of HLCD's and large midbass drivers. I will be installing UDS horns and a 8" midbass driver along with a front mounted 8" sub. To bad Im not that far along yet.

Mike
rudedude
I have one of morphs footwell sub boxes that I don't need if you are interested.

Jule
East coaster
This keeps the passenger foot room:

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
dw914er
some great ideas.

i think the kicker panel, and a sub in the center under the dash would probably work out pretty well.

The door panels i think take away some of the 'stockness', and its original only once.

any more pictures and ideas will help.

thanks guys!
dw914er

i've got a sub box that replaces the foam foot rest on the pass. side that morph made. i mounted a rockford 8" sub in it, it barley fit but sounds great,i think he only made a couple and if you ask him nicely he might make another for you.

i also have his kick panel pods, they work good too.

you have any photos?
messix
i'll post some tonite.
rjames
Are the guys with the additional power amps & subs running them off the stock 914 alternator?

Rand
QUOTE(dw914er @ May 8 2008, 12:30 AM) *

i've got a sub box that replaces the foam foot rest on the pass. side that morph made...

you have any photos?

Here's the cool thing: It looks completely stock! Someone mentioned taking up passenger foot room. Not so. Instead of a foam core footrest down there, it's a nice sealed box with a hidden woofer taking up the same space. (Which BTW you have to think about when you put a woofer somewhere else... Are you getting a sealed box? Good bass needs that.) He'll have to peel back some carpet and console panels to show it.
messix
QUOTE(rjames @ May 8 2008, 02:43 PM) *

Are the guys with the additional power amps & subs running them off the stock 914 alternator?

yes i am. the amp is only 40 watts per channel [rockfords numbers back in the day were kinda shy about the real power that was put out].
Spoke
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ May 7 2008, 02:43 PM) *

This is what I did with Morphs kick boxes!

I thought about putting a sub in the center console but was concerned that the clock may not last long being part of the enclosure. Does the enclosure provide vibration protection for the clock and does the clock work ok with the sub on? Lots of old hardened plastic gears in the clock. Usually the reason these clocks stop working.
messix
check out this thread http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...mp;hl=subwoofer i posted the pictures there.
flesburg
Convert to a 3.2 L 6 with a triad exhaust,

Throw away the stereo and at about 5K rpm, listen to the sweetest music made.

Besides each added 7 pounds costs about 1 HP.

Lighter is faster, heavy is slower.

Want a sweet stereo, get a Mercury Grand Marquis and install a real killer
stereo....

Just my 2c worth
iamchappy
Yes i do love the sound of a screaming 400hp flat six turbocharged engine with the wastegate open.
But i also like to listen to my tunes when the tops off, sun shining, and the engines purring.

My 2c's worth......
dw914er
QUOTE(flesburg @ May 8 2008, 07:31 PM) *

Convert to a 3.2 L 6 with a triad exhaust,

Throw away the stereo and at about 5K rpm, listen to the sweetest music made.

Besides each added 7 pounds costs about 1 HP.

Lighter is faster, heavy is slower.

Want a sweet stereo, get a Mercury Grand Marquis and install a real killer
stereo....

Just my 2c worth

with a mild 2l type 4, speed really isnt my major priority.

I do love the sound of the car, and my monza set up sounds awesome, but as a musician, my tunes need to rock too

and the love the low kick of a sub (sounds like my bassdrum lol)
RJMII
Chappy, How'd you mount the sub THERE? Got a pic of the back of the enclosure?

jd74914
IIRC they originally had stainless bowls behind them.
iamchappy
Yep, Stainless steel mixing bowls, with sealed enclosure type speakers. There is enough room back there to mount 10's.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.