356 on ebay

IPB Image

IPB Image
Hawktel
Some kind of primitive Laser buster?

laugh.gif
Pnambic
laugh.gif
I was just wondering what that would do to police laser speed monitors...

Maybe he's trying to recreate the stealth effect of that Aston Martin in the most recent Bond movie.
ArtechnikA
plus you didn't mention the $250,000 initial bid, nor the fact that it's in Graz, Austria (but i suppose if you're in that marketplace, shipping is not a factor ...)

it's like the TV repairman who charges $100,000 for a service call. he doesn't get many calls, but he only needs one ...
Joe Bob
The mirrors make it illegal for road use in most US states.............
boxstr
Now I know what they do with all those old mirrors from homes in Palm Springs. Whats next a 914???
CCLINMIRRORMIRRORONMYCAR
djm914-6
I like it!

Imagine going to shows where women wear short skirts...
Mueller
This object reflects its environment in the context of a mobile, historical and cultural property in fascinating ways you have never seen before.

I would think it would have been much more "practical" to achieve the same effect by chroming the body or replacing the panels with aluminum and giving it a high luster polish.

IMHO, the car is ruined, they should have used a 356 "kit" car instead sad.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jan 20 2004, 10:27 AM)
IMHO, the car is ruined, they should have used a 356 "kit" car instead

it's an Austrian 356 - it was probably ruined (rust...) before.
it doesn't have to be 'practical' - it's "art."

my art is only practical if you're trying to hide something ugly on your wall.

that said, i'm not asking $250,000 a copy either. maybe i should be...
Hawktel
At the Salt Lake City car show they had a Jaguar with a polished aluminum body on display. Looked cool.

drunk.gif
Joe Bob
One man's art is another man's garbage....at least it's only a crappy 356 C...not like it was worth much stock.....
Jenny
Saw a chromed cobra at the prehistorics two years ago. Hurt my eyes to look at it, and it was slightly overcast. Looked schweet. Plus you never have to worry about tailgaters with their brights on. cool.gif

Jen
tat2dphreak
that car is wrong on at LEAST 94 different levels!!! that dick should be shot for ruining a great car!! fighting19.gif

the car was closer to being a work of art before all of the mirrors were applied!
TheCabinetmaker
tat2d, where ya been man?
tat2dphreak
I've been out O' the loop as they say.... busy with work/new home/new wife/no money(see previous 2 items+paying off wedding etc) reading the forums makes me want to spend more money, which I don't have right now... idea.gif

but SOON!!! I have a 10 day VACATION planned for the end of MAY... I plan to work on my car TONS that week, even talked a buddy into taking a 6 day vacation the same week to help me out! it should be a major undertaking, but with 10 days.. I think it's doable!!!
Red-Beard
idea.gif Hmmmm. Romulan 356?
Eric_Shea
That's got Macey Grey written all over it!

Jen, I thought that was polished aluminium. Missed you there cool_shades.gif
Jenny
We went for the camping trip with roadglue a week before the historics... If you were there, I was wandering the paddocks in an american flag bikini flag.gif

Jen
Joe Bob
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Eric_Shea
I was wandering the paddocks in an american flag bikini

Oh THAT was you... wub.gif

I have to agree with Z...

stones.gif
Jenny
Didn't have a dig camera then. confused24.gif

It's just like that pic of Sydney Moon that was posted a couple days ago though. Give or take a little here and there... laugh.gif

Jen
Eric_Shea
You have a camera now right? idea.gif
Scott Carlberg
Quick, someone add the "american flag bikini" to her! laugh.gif
Eric_Shea
That's Sydney Moon... we wanted a picture of Jen!! wink.gif
Jenny
That tank top actually has a picture of an american flag on it, believe it or not. Just too small to be seen.

Jen
Eric_Shea
Not touching that... happy11.gif
Scott Carlberg
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 20 2004, 03:39 PM)
Not touching that... happy11.gif

agree.gif

What she said, or her Flag??? ohmy.gif laugh.gif wub.gif
Eric_Shea
What she said, or her Flag???

Both... cool_shades.gif
Gint
It's just like that pic of Sydney Moon that was posted a couple days ago though. Give or take a little here and there...  

Sign me up... Wait, that's another thread. no... wait...
redshift
wacko.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
$249K...on ebay... <_< ...the person/people are idiots.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.