Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dumb Question About Rear Engine Tin Rubber Seal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
AvalonFal
I'm replacing the rear engine tin and have a dumb question that's holding me up. Do both flaps of the rear tin seal lay on top of the tin or does one flap go behind the tin and the other on top?? Any help or pics appreciated.

Paul
watsonrx13
One flap goes on each side of the tin, for the rear section only...

Here's a link to my website showing how the rear rubber seal is positioned with the engine installed...

-- Rob
Gint
agree.gif

That's what we did with mine last weekend when the motor went back in. It finally looks and feels "right".
purple
so that's how that goes in! Thanks man!
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ May 7 2008, 07:26 PM) *

Here's a link to my website showing how the rear rubber seal is positioned with the engine installed...

-- Rob

Having the seals put in this week, along with a rear main seal. None when I bought it. blink.gif From what I've been told these are quite important.

Thanks for the visuals. beer.gif
AvalonFal
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ May 7 2008, 10:26 PM) *

-- Rob

Thanks, Rob. That's exactly what I was looking for.
purple
they are important! I have a problem that my J-tube holes are WIDE open and a certain engman hasnt been responding to my questions about covers for these...

you hear me engman!? there is money waiting for you!!! plz respond!
SGB
Purp-
I think paint rattle-can tops fit....
purple
QUOTE(SGB @ May 8 2008, 12:42 PM) *

Purp-

word.

I want somethin pretty though biggrin.gif
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(purple @ May 8 2008, 01:44 PM) *

QUOTE(SGB @ May 8 2008, 12:42 PM) *

Purp-

word.

I want somethin pretty though biggrin.gif

IPB Image

5 minutes to cut the patch out of some 18guage stock. 2 minutes with the drill press to drill 4 holes. 5 minutes to do 4 rosette welds. Done.

If I ever want to go back to heat, all I need to do is drill out the 4 spot welds, and the panel is open again.

Zach
purple
No welder own I. Looks good though biggrin.gif
Cevan
I didn't know that the bottom edge of the front and side seals get hooked under the tin and that the rear seal straddles the rear tin. Do I need to lower the motor in order to get the rear seal in place correctly? Right now both flaps are to the rear of the tin.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.