Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Cell
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock

Does any one utilize a 914 style fuel cell? If so where to buy?

I have one and it's leaking after my NASA event... thus the need to replace it or repair it. Talked with Fuel Safe and they quoted me min$2000.00 huh.gif to replace the cell- what to do? Any suggestions is much appreciated.
PeeGreen 914
Patrick motorsports has a bunch of them but this is my favorite one they have drunk.gif
sww914
I have a $250.00 Jaz cell on the floor of my front trunk. It works well but I don't haul any ggroceries in my 914.
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ May 7 2008, 08:20 PM) *

Patrick motorsports has a bunch of them but this is my favorite one they have drunk.gif

I have the same 'type' of fuel cell arrangement.. just wondering if there are any
out fits (air craft ) that can rebuild / replace my existing cell. I guess I can always install my spare factory tank back in sad.gif
sww914
Can you just fit your cell with a new bladder? Some of them are pretty simple, especially if the fuel pickup is a tube that drops down from the top.
sixnotfour
I have one and it's leaking after my NASA event... thus the need to replace it or repair it. Talked with Fuel Safe and they quoted me min$2000.00 to replace the cell- what to do? Any suggestions is much appreciated.

Will patrick sell you just a bladder ? They told me he buys enough quanity to make it worth their while .
It is considered a custom for them. This was 2yrs ago.

gone corporate.
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ May 8 2008, 12:44 PM) *

I have one and it's leaking after my NASA event... thus the need to replace it or repair it. Talked with Fuel Safe and they quoted me min$2000.00 to replace the cell- what to do? Any suggestions is much appreciated.

Will patrick sell you just a bladder ? They told me he buys enough quanity to make it worth their while .
It is considered a custom for them. This was 2yrs ago.

gone corporate.

Hey I called Patrick.. the peeson who I spoke with said.,.. no we do not have bladder to sell.. we only have complete units.

One would think, hey, this guy wants one, let's cut hin one loose and generate some $.... no that did not happen.
Today I visted a local AV Repair site that will make me a new one for $1500.00 which I will pay. These new mil spec bladder will last way longer than F_ product. The mgr show me theirs vs F_ ... on my way to getting my car back on the track
smdubovsky
Well, what happens when the 5 year FIA life of a F_ cell expires? Will patrick not sell you a new bladder? Wonder if they'd be more accommodating if you already had their product.

0396, plz post pics of your custom bladder when done. Im sure there are some here that might be interested. BTW, Did you check into ATLs price on custom bladders?
Update,

the FAA repair station called back. They advised me that they had miss quoted me.. instead of $15 big ones, it should be $18 big ones.

My responds was at $18 big ones, I might as well spend the extra and get the Patrick one.. we settle above my original quote.. they should have it completed in three weeks. smile.gif

bdstone914
Just found this website.

http://wescoperformance.stores.yahoo.net/ecfuelcel.html

Cheap prices.
stownsen914
I would definitely recommend getting in touch with Fuel Safe or ATL directly. They are both equipped to handle custom fuel cell (or just the bladder) orders ...

Scott
QUOTE(stownsen914 @ Jul 7 2008, 04:15 AM) *

I would definitely recommend getting in touch with Fuel Safe or ATL directly. They are both equipped to handle custom fuel cell (or just the bladder) orders ...

Scott

After two months sad.gif..finally got my new fuel call back last week. Plug it in all all is well. Regarding Fuel Safe.. I did call them, they quotes me in excess of $2000.00.

I mentioned for that amount I might as well get it from Patricks... they suggested that's the way to go. Thus I found a 'FAA' Fuel Cell maker.. for a 'little' less wacko.gif
sww914
At these prices, why not just make it $8000.00! or $10000.00!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.