Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: (OT) - Our good buddies in Nigeria...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pnambic
I received a note from my company's Corporate Security department identifying some common workplace scams to look out for.
Among them is :
- Copy Machine Supply Venders getting call center reps to OK purchases
- A fax sent from a representative of the Nigerian government, asking for your help in exchanging money in their bank.
- An invoice sent to your office, letting you know it’s time to pay the bill to renew your company’s listing in the local yellow pages (note: basic listings are free; we shouldn’t have to pay anything).

If they can't get any more money from 914 owners, I guess they'll go after someone else. wacko.gif
Gotta give em credit for their creativity and perserverance. I'll throw in a couple of these too. :finger2: finger.gif
Bigbohr
Tell me where they live and I'll pay them a visit ... since I'm in Nigeria at the moment. Tomorrow I've got zero to do anyway because the entire country is on strike. They are upset that the gasoline price went up 1.5 Naira (1 US cent). Now if you see the terrible living conditions over here that is significant. I can understand why some of these people try to make some extra dough using scams.

Anyway with their strike I'm stuck here longer ... while back in Houston my wife is driving around the neighborhood with the teener. At least somebody is enjoying the car wub.gif

givemebeer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.