Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: V8 914 Getting a high price via EBAY
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drive-ability
Ebay Listing

This is a nice car but 25K seems real high, what's up ??
Wanna9146
That car is being discussed in another thread (see: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=83523 ). It is well sorted and all parts/mods appear to be of top quality. There is a crowd of folks out there who pay $$$ for top-quality (see: Barrett-Jackson).

On the other end of the spectrum, you have this donkey wagon:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...A:IT&ih=004

(It went as high as $12k (which he should've accepted) in its last auction, but his Buy-It-Now was $23k.)
boxstr
Bidder C**C looks a little iffy.
CCL
KELTY360
Nice car. Body mods look great. You're right, it seems high for a 914-8, but it's peanuts compared to what a hot rod of that quality would cost.
drive-ability
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ May 7 2008, 10:35 PM) *

Nice car. Body mods look great. You're right, it seems high for a 914-8, but it's peanuts compared to what a hot rod of that quality would cost.

agree.gif
PeeGreen 914
With what he has into it I would say it is worth it.
914-8
That's enough to make me list my 914-8, which IMO is a better car than that one.

So here it is!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=120259771781
ericread
QUOTE(914-8 @ May 8 2008, 02:57 AM) *

That's enough to make me list my 914-8, which IMO is a better car than that one.

So here it is!

WTF.gif The listing was removed by eBAY??? Or did you just remove the listing yourself?
Wanna9146
QUOTE(ericread @ May 8 2008, 06:29 AM) *

WTF.gif The listing was removed by eBAY??? Or did you just remove the listing yourself?

His neighbor reported him... laugh.gif
purple
QUOTE(boxstr @ May 8 2008, 12:32 AM) *

CCL

ebay masks names now i guess to prevent bidder wars, I think.

Looks like a badass ride though. My only issue is those god-awful looking speakers and the fact that he didnt cover the amp rack in black carpet. That's a $3.00 fix. Lazy
914-8
QUOTE(ericread @ May 8 2008, 07:29 AM) *

So here it is!

Check item no 120259771781 after 10:00 a.m. Pacific time.
914-8
Can you see it now?
ericread
QUOTE(914-8 @ May 8 2008, 11:12 AM) *

Can you see it now?

It's baaaaaaaaaaack... I went ahead and bid $200.00 on it. I figure it's worth it... rolleyes.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(boxstr @ May 7 2008, 10:32 PM) *

CCL

You called it. C**C is no longer listed as a bidder and the the bid is now at $19,105.

shades.gif

Revised bidding
PeeGreen 914

So here it is!

I do like your car better. Nice work piratenanner.gif
ericread
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ May 8 2008, 05:20 PM) *

So here it is!

I bid your car up to $2,100 in an attempt to keep it here in Irvine, but it just kept going higher... Out of my range laugh.gif
ericread
QUOTE(ericread @ May 8 2008, 05:37 PM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ May 8 2008, 05:20 PM) *

So here it is!

I bid your car up to $2,100 in an attempt to keep it here in Irvine, but it just kept going higher... Out of my range laugh.gif

WOW! I just noticed your car has been bid to $24,000 on eBay!!!

biosurfer1
Hope it sells...

The only problem I see is that with their new feedback system, if the buyer flakes, what can you do?
ericread
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ May 9 2008, 12:56 PM) *

Hope it sells...

The only problem I see is that with their new feedback system, if the buyer flakes, what can you do?

I opened the eBay bidding at $200.00 so if the bidder flakes out, I will stand by my offer.
jaminM3
QUOTE(914-8 @ May 8 2008, 12:12 PM) *

Can you see it now?

It's gone again?

Is it seriously up for sale? Wow, that is the nicest /8 I have ever seen. drooley.gif
ericread
QUOTE(jaminM3 @ May 9 2008, 04:15 PM) *

QUOTE(914-8 @ May 8 2008, 12:12 PM) *

Can you see it now?

It's gone again?

Is it seriously up for sale? Wow, that is the nicest /8 I have ever seen. drooley.gif

Yep - It's gone again. I wonder if my $200 bid won it? This'll really put my garage space at a premium...
914-8
It's sold, been paid for.

It was the nicest /8 that I've ever driven. I got my first Porsche in 1983, have had many since (usually 2, sometimes 3, at the same time). This seriously was one of my favorites of all time.

The few pictures in the eBay ad really didn't do it justice. It is totally dialed from front to rear, and drove so rock solid. It just looked and sat just right, to my eyes. Really bad azz in black, with the hp and torque to back it.

I'm really going to miss it. I only put it up yesterday, it was gone within 24 hours, I'm really having a bit of seller's remorse right now . . .
biosurfer1
wow..amazingly quick sale, but from the sound of it, it was worth it.

Congrats and remember, there are always more 914's looking for homes!
Andyrew
Might be time to sell mine?

914-8 sorry you sold yours! I loved that car!!!
ericread
QUOTE(914-8 @ May 9 2008, 05:30 PM) *

It was the nicest /8 that I've ever driven. I got my first Porsche in 1983, have had many since (usually 2, sometimes 3, at the same time). This seriously was one of my favorites of all time.

The few pictures in the eBay ad really didn't do it justice. It is totally dialed from front to rear, and drove so rock solid. It just looked and sat just right, to my eyes. Really bad azz in black, with the hp and torque to back it.

I'm really going to miss it. I only put it up yesterday, it was gone within 24 hours, I'm really having a bit of seller's remorse right now . . .

Congratulations! It was a truely beautiful car. But now you have......... nothing. Don't feel bad you gave up your amazing and famous 914 for a few dollars. Don't even think about the great times all your peers here are having driving their 914s while you.... are..... alone........ utterly...... utterly.......alone.

Again, congratulations! bye1.gif
914-8
Eric, buddy, thanks for the bid, you came up just a bit short on the price!

I will really miss this car, I don't think I could ever replace it. It's weird, sometimes you bond with a car, sometimes not so much. I really connected with this one.

I'm not alone . . . utterly . . . alone - I still have it's little brother. But I don't have anywhere near the same connection with it. 914s are such a disease - it can go into remission, but you can't ever really cure it!

IPB Image
IPB Image
drive-ability
QUOTE(914-8 @ May 9 2008, 05:30 PM) *

When the time/price is right you have to act, you'll miss it for sure.
John
914-8
Hi John. I think a friend of mine saw your car at Cars and Coffee last weekend. He said he saw a V8 that looked a little like mine, but with a "weird opening trunk!"
ericread
QUOTE(914-8 @ May 9 2008, 08:40 PM) *

Eric, buddy, thanks for the bid, you came up just a bit short on the price!

I will really miss this car, I don't think I could ever replace it. It's weird, sometimes you bond with a car, sometimes not so much. I really connected with this one.

I'm not alone . . . utterly . . . alone - I still have it's little brother. But I don't have anywhere near the same connection with it. 914s are such a disease - it can go into remission, but you can't ever really cure it!

IPB Image
IPB Image

Thanks for being such a good sport for my (near) insane ramblings. The truth is you are now set to begin a new threead on your NEW project!!!

And no, within this board, you will never be alone (it'll only seem that way without your 914...)

drive-ability
QUOTE(914-8 @ May 9 2008, 08:45 PM) *

Hi John. I think a friend of mine saw your car at Cars and Coffee last weekend. He said he saw a V8 that looked a little like mine, but with a "weird opening trunk!"

Its always sad to see a loved one move on.
I like to go to Cars and Coffee , there's a lot of nice cars.
914-8
Bye bye!

The new owner is a very cool guy, total car nut, with a 35+ car collection. Even though his collection includes many noteable cars (he just bought one of Seinfeld's cars), he is really excited about getting my 8.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

PeeGreen 914
So what now biggrin.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ May 12 2008, 03:24 PM) *

So what now biggrin.gif

stirthepot.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-05-06-Vo...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ferrari-Eng...Q2em118Q2el1247
914-8
I'm thinking about selling my black cab (in the pic above), I've had that a while and never drive it. At this time, I'd like to just get down to 2 cars again (I haven't had only 2 cars in 15 years now), take a little break, and then see what's next. It's been a long time since that has happened.

My next fun car/project probably won't be a Porsche, though. I've now owned all the ones I'm interested in, and they haven't made anything in the last 20 years that catches my interest.

(LOL on those engine links! A Ferrari engined 914 would be awesome, though! If/when I do get another Porsche, it would have to be something oddball like that).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.