Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WOT - Looking for a Boeing Employee
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EdwardBlume
Is anyone here a Boeing employee? or know a Boeing employee? I'd like to try and talk to someone who works there for some general background on the company.

The reason: I'm finishing my MBA at Santa Clara University and we are doing our Capstone paper on Boeing.

I'm mostly interested in how management and various functional teams work with strategic groups.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks!
Rob
URY914
JP works there I think.

OK, maybe he is on the payroll there.
Todd Enlund
You know how many people work at Boeing?

About half.
ericread
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ May 8 2008, 11:52 AM) *

You know how many people work at Boeing?

About half.

Are you looking for employees or total workforce. Boeing employs a significant amount of contractor resources, so that might muck up your numbers.
EdwardBlume
Thanks guys. Boeing employs about 160,000 worldwide. They are doing pretty well with record backlog, very strong earnings from the commercial airplanes business, and a broad offering of innovative airplanes.

Over the past 10 years, they've taken a more lean approach to manufacturing, incorporating global outsourcing, and relying more on vertical integration from suppliers at fabs vs total manufacturing. Results have been great over the past 5 years, although the 787 Dreamliner has been delayed.

I'm hoping if there is a fellow 914er that works for Boeing, or knows someone that works for Boeing, who can hook me up so that I can learn more about the company culture from an inside perspective.

Thanks!
R
sixnotfour
My wife's brother is an inspector on the flight line at the everett, wa plant.
30 year employee.
PM me some contact info.

I drive past it everyday.

messix
QUOTE(Rob Ways @ May 8 2008, 12:27 PM) *

Thanks guys. Boeing employs about 160,000 worldwide. They are doing pretty well with record backlog, very strong earnings from the commercial airplanes business, and a broad offering of innovative airplanes.

Over the past 10 years, they've taken a more lean approach to manufacturing, incorporating global outsourcing, and relying more on vertical integration from suppliers at fabs vs total manufacturing. Results have been great over the past 5 years, although the 787 Dreamliner has been delayed.

I'm hoping if there is a fellow 914er that works for Boeing, or knows someone that works for Boeing, who can hook me up so that I can learn more about the company culture from an inside perspective.

Thanks!
R

yea... global out sourcing. china wouldn't buy any airplaines from them unless they got some of the maufacturing from boeing. they got the wing, the super secret, industry leading efiecent wing, and guess what china anounces they're gonna start their own commercal airplane company.....hummmm smart.
EdwardBlume
Bump biggrin.gif

Thanks.
Demick
I worked there. 17 years ago......
r_towle
Track down JP, I think he still works there..not sure.
Dave Dyer also may have worked there recently.

Rich
J P Stein
I come in here to eat my lunch & surf the net. Been doin' it for 20 years.
There has been a member of my immediate family working for Boeing since 1941....it ain't gettin' better.
URY914
The new Boeing jet liner will be called the 7JP7.
tdgray
QUOTE(J P Stein @ May 9 2008, 03:30 PM) *

....it ain't gettin' better.

From the way your source inspectors are crawling up my QC guy rear end I would tend to agree biggrin.gif
race914
QUOTE(Rob Ways @ May 8 2008, 09:41 AM) *

Is anyone here a Boeing employee? or know a Boeing employee? I'd like to try and talk to someone who works there for some general background on the company.

The reason: I'm finishing my MBA at Santa Clara University and we are doing our Capstone paper on Boeing.

I'm mostly interested in how management and various functional teams work with strategic groups.

Thanks!
Rob

Google Darleen A. Druyun
6freak
QUOTE(race914 @ May 9 2008, 02:47 PM) *

QUOTE(Rob Ways @ May 8 2008, 09:41 AM) *

Thanks!
Rob

Google Darleen A. Druyun

I been do`n the maintenance side of Boeing for 20 years .I could send you a book that the company had published about 10 years ago its a pretty good read...LMK
kconway
20 year Boeing employee...actually Hughes Aircraft (15 years) before Boeing aquired us. Integrated Defense Systems side of the house.

Kev
Grngoat
[/quote]

Google Darleen A. Druyun
[/quote]

ouch.

I bet they don't want to talk about that one.

Throw the tanker lease program in there why don't you?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.