Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I was saving money for a front sway bar
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jsayre914
piratenanner.gif I pulled the wheels off my 914 that I bought in November. It has been on jack stands since I bought it. I have spent so much time in the engine bay and interior of the car I never got around to pulling the wheels. So I found a factory sway bar in the front this morning biggrin.gif how cool is that. I just saved myself time and money beerchug.gif
rhodyguy
that saved some dough. rebush the drop links. cheap and easy. does your car have one on the rear too? same applies.

k
purple
How would you re-bush the rear drop links?
rhodyguy
press new bushings in the drop links? the top ones that secure the bar to the car are easy.
purple
I must be a puss like my avatar, because getting those bushings in the drop links is NOT HAPPENIN!
rhodyguy
heat them up, a little grease on the link and the bushings. edevour to persevere. not that big of a deal to put them in. just make sure you don't put them in with the hole facing the same direction on the droplink.

k
jsayre914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 8 2008, 01:10 PM) *

that saved some dough. rebush the drop links. cheap and easy. does your car have one on the rear too? same applies.

k

Nothing on the rear. You cant win em all.
dont most prefer front only anyway?? dry.gif
purple
having just the front on mine makes it much more controllable should I get sideways. The rear one makes the ass swap around a little fast. Although my car is far from well set up....
So.Cal.914
I agree, the ass end does come around quicker, when it lets go. But it sure stays

flat and true until then. smile.gif
shelby/914
I've got both front and rear swaybars and I never notice the rear coming around. Of course it's either on jack stands or in the body shop so it generally doesn't move at all.
purple
QUOTE(shelby/914 @ May 8 2008, 01:58 PM) *

I've got both front and rear swaybars and I never notice the rear coming around. Of course it's either on jack stands or in the body shop so it generally doesn't move at all.

I heard that! I have had mine off stands for over two months now! Sadly, it's going back on this weekend.

Putting a whole new brake system on there. all 4 wheels off the ground, never done that before...
914Sixer
What year is the car? Strange that you would have a factory setup in the front and not one in the rear. Check to see if your lower bolts on the shocks have balls on the end. Also look up and see if the mounting backets are there. Somebody may have removed it at some point.
jsayre914
QUOTE(914Sixer @ May 8 2008, 06:22 PM) *

What year is the car? Strange that you would have a factory setup in the front and not one in the rear. Check to see if your lower bolts on the shocks have balls on the end. Also look up and see if the mounting backets are there. Somebody may have removed it at some point.

From what iv read in my last search, Im not sure if it is put from factory or previous owner. I guess there is no real way to tell huh.gif It looks factory to me. My car is a 73 2.0
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.