Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I need a part
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mike_the_man
Hi all,

What I'm looking for is the air box mounting bracket for a 74 2.0L. It is the little metal strip that is bolted to the drivers side intake runner, that the air box clips to. Anybody happen to have an extra kicking around somewhere?

Thanks,
mike_the_man
Bump!

Somebody, anybody? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

I'm sure somebody's got one kicking around.
boxstr
I am sure I have one I just have to find it.
I will email you later today when I have it.
CCLINCAMP914
mike_the_man
Thanks Craig, I owe you a beer next time I'm in your neck of the woods. (Who knows when that'll be, though) beer3.gif
Eric_Shea
I know the airbox is different but might the part be the same as on a 1.8?

If so, I'll have it for you...
mike_the_man
Hmmm, I have no idea. I've never seen a 1.8 up close and personal. Could you post a picture of it? I might be able to tell if I saw it.
Eric_Shea
Is this it or is this the bracket for the board? Can't remember, I took the engine out so long ago...
Eric_Shea
Ooops...
mike_the_man
Not sure what thats for, but I'm pretty sure it's not what I'm looking for. What I need is a bracket that clamps onto the driver's side intake runners. Then the airbox clamps onto this bracket. Does that make sense? I hope so.

Thanks for checking,
Eric_Shea
Gotcha... if I had it it probably went with the engine. Sorry.
mike_the_man
No worries, I have a feeling Craig will be able to find one. Thanks for checking, though.
boxstr
Mike Hello I am on my way to CAMP 914 just stopped off for luch and check email.
Eric, the pic shows a bracket which is welded onto the side wall for the relay board.
CCLINCAMP914
boxstr
Mike here is the part I have.
mike_the_man
Found a pic! Here is the bracket that I need.
boxstr
Mike If I get up to CAMP tommorrow I will look again.
CCLINCAMP914
mike_the_man
Thanks Craig, no rush though. I won't be driving the teener till spring, so next time your out have a look. Don't go out special for me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.