Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCV
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mdwman
One of the causes for unstable idle mentioned on the Brad Anders' site is a sticky or missing PCV. I have been able to reduce my hunting idle to the point where it slightly fluctuates after AAR warm up before the engine heats up. After it is good and warm I have a rock solid 950rpm idle. I have never investigated the PCV and have not been able to find any posts about it. Where is it and how is it cleaned/fixed/replaced?

Thanks,

M
TravisNeff
Its on the oil filler tower. The white plastic valve, you can remove the tower and unscrew the valve and take it out. I got a new one from the porsche dealer for about $12.
blitZ
If you have a 75-76, you probably don't have one.
ericread
QUOTE(Travis Neff @ May 8 2008, 10:31 AM) *

Its on the oil filler tower. The white plastic valve, you can remove the tower and unscrew the valve and take it out. I got a new one from the porsche dealer for about $12.

I thought those were NLA!!! Please share the part number???

Edit: Oops - I see you're rdriving a '76. Do you know if the part is valid for a '74 2.0L?
mdwman
My car is a '73 1.7L. Is the valve located at the oil filler for this year?
TravisNeff
You are correct, it is located on the oil filler for your year

Here is the part number: 022 115 542

Here is the lowdown on the PCV valve: http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/PCV.htm

Call your local porsche dealer, they will probably have to order the part.
ericread
QUOTE(Travis Neff @ May 8 2008, 12:04 PM) *

You are correct, it is located on the oil filler for your year

Here is the part number: 022 115 542

Here is the lowdown on the PCV valve: http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/PCV.htm

Call your local porsche dealer, they will probably have to order the part.

THANKS!!! piratenanner.gif
mdwman
Found it! It really was not all that cruddy and the little disk on the bottom moves easily on the spring. Just cleaned it off and put things back together.

Thanks for the guidance.

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.