Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whats it worth? 1973 Porsche 914 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kneedragger302
I am new to the 914 world but I have been a 911 on pelican for years. I've got a 914 and thinking of maybe another 911 instead. Here is some info on it and I am wondering what you guys think it worth as I have really no experience with these cars. Its a 1973 914 2.0, with the sport apperance package, leatherette interior in perfect shape...not even a crack in the dash and a 320mm factory steering wheel, center counsel, chrome bumpers. There is a bit of rust on the right inner rocker but not as bad as many I have seen on this site. Body is not perfect. Runs Great!!! Short throw shifter, different springs and shocks. Loads of spare parts. Front and rear hoods. Drivers door, Windshield, SSI heat exchangers, etc. Boxes full of stuff mostly all original. Let me know what you think this car is worth as I am clueless about the 914 market.
SGB
Prices for these (especially 73 2 liter) are rising. Without close inspection, but based on the pics and description, it should be worth at least $5K. If there are no typical "issues" like bad synchros or shift bushings, leaky push rod tubes, rusty battery tray or hell hole (below the battery), FI misbehavior, or leaky exhaust/ pulled ex studs then maybe $7.5 K or even more.
ericread
If there are no typical "issues" like bad synchros or shift bushings, leaky push rod tubes, rusty battery tray or hell hole (below the battery), FI misbehavior, or leaky exhaust/ pulled ex studs then it's probably not a 914.

Even with those, we're seeing a pretty fast escalation of pricing in the marketplace today. If you really need a qucik sale, I'm willing to give you $500.00 for it right now! Cash! av-943.gif
jsayre914
welcome.png I think you should keep it. biggrin.gif
zymurgist
QUOTE(ericread @ May 8 2008, 02:28 PM) *

If there are no typical "issues" like bad synchros or shift bushings, leaky push rod tubes, rusty battery tray or hell hole (below the battery), FI misbehavior, or leaky exhaust/ pulled ex studs then it's probably not a 914.

Even with those, we're seeing a pretty fast escalation of pricing in the marketplace today. If you really need a qucik sale, I'm willing to give you $500.00 for it right now! Cash! av-943.gif

Forget that, I'll give ya $750. welcome.png
rhodyguy
8k+ if it's as discribed and i have no reason to doubt you. there are a number of high end 4cyl cars listed in the classifieds at this time. given the economic climate of the day a 10k 4 cly car is a tough sell. gotta be the right car for the right buyer.
kneedragger302
I would love to build it but I am very addicted to the 911's and find my self always wondering back. With the amount of work and cost, I would rather have a 911 as a final product.
kneedragger302
I am hoping to find a good home and was really hoping to see around the 4,500-5,000 for the whole lot. The car needs attention but is deffinetly a car to keep alive.
SGB
Put it in the classifieds.
Most reformed 914 owners wish they had never left, though. You just haven't driven that one enough. smile.gif
zymurgist
QUOTE(SGB @ May 8 2008, 04:36 PM) *

Put it in the classifieds.
Most reformed 914 owners wish they had never left, though. You just haven't driven that one enough. smile.gif

Yeah, ask the Mid-Atlantic 914 guys about me. I'm the guy who shows up at wrench sessions in a 1970 911.

Personally, I think you should keep it. The '73 2.0 is about as good as it gets, 4 cylinder-wise. I'm thinking of adding a 914 to my stable.
KELTY360
QUOTE(kneedragger302 @ May 8 2008, 01:23 PM) *

I am hoping to find a good home and was really hoping to see around the 4,500-5,000 for the whole lot. The car needs attention but is deffinetly a car to keep alive.

Shouldn't have any trouble finding a good owner in that price range.
Rand
It is one of the most desirable models and you'll have no trouble selling it. Just be honest about the rust in the longs. That is what kills these things, even if it is not as bad as others you have seen in the "rustoration" threads on this site. The threads I listed for your reference over on PP were some worst case scenarios here.

Nice looking car.
Ferg
I'd like more pictures of the rust, hell hole, ect, if you are going to list it, find a place to put it on a lift and take chassis shots of all the usual problem areas.

Cars in that area are really hard to buy over the internet, the salt damage from just one winter really tears these poor little cars up over time. I grew up on the other side of the lake from you...

That being said, if the rust issues are really minor, I'd be interested.

Ferg beer.gif

Heeltoe914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 8 2008, 01:04 PM) *

8k+ if it's as discribed and i have no reason to doubt you. there are a number of high end 4cyl cars listed in the classifieds at this time. given the economic climate of the day a 10k 4 cly car is a tough sell. gotta be the right car for the right buyer.

agree.gif This is right on target
rhodyguy
you'd be giving the hes away if they aren't currently on the car. if they're 2.0 versions in nice shape you might consider them as an option or sell them seperately. show more pictures. interior, trunks, frt trunk seal chanel, etc. at your stated price objective, the car should move quickly. then you will suffer from sellers remorse.

k
914rrr
What is the exterior color and is it the original color? How many repaints? Any obvious bondo or collision damage? I'd be interested in pics, especially of rusty areas.

Thanks!
Rob
dw914er
yea, i could be too

since i restored my dads 73, i should talk him into another 914 for his retirement/mid life crisis
jmill
I'm interested and in your neck of the woods. PM or email me. I'd like to check it out.
kneedragger302
Email sent to the interested party. Come on up...Make a Offer.
rmital
QUOTE(kneedragger302 @ May 12 2008, 02:34 PM) *

...Come on up...Make a Offer.

I usually don't bid util the last couple minutes of the auction.... biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.