Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ultimate brake bleeder idea
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rtalich
I have an old paint sprayer that I'm thinking of rigging up to use as a brake bleeder. Its basically a pump with a hopper on it and the pressure is adjustable. I'm going to hook it up to the brake resevoir with the resevoir cap setup off of my pressure bleeder. Then run all four lines from the calipers back to the paint spray hopper. What do you think?

-Rob
messix
you dont really want to contaminate your new freash fluid with old fluid do you?
rtalich
QUOTE(messix @ May 8 2008, 12:15 PM) *

you dont really want to contaminate your new freash fluid with old fluid do you?

Forgot to mention... I'll make sure all the old fluid is flushed out first.
iamchappy
Speed Bleeders........
PeeGreen 914
I still think the two person system is the best. Something about the pedal pushing the fluid as is intended.
messix
there is something that comercially available like that all ready.
so go ahead and red neck one up! biggrin.gif
SLITS
Cool ... do it since we are rednecks according to who whomever whatever, esq - the bottom feeder.

I use a hospital aspirator (vacuum pump)
SirAndy
old news ... shades.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
anderssj
sounds like you're building something similar to motive products' power bleeder:

http://www.motiveproducts.com/02bleeders.html

got one as a gift a few years ago. works pretty well, fits 914 and all the volvos--but the hose between the bottle and the reservoir cracked after a couple years use (now replaced with something tougher and reinforced).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.