Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fun Run - Sat. May 24th - Santa Clarita
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike D.
So we have been invited to join the Z Club for a fun run and all around car BS session on Sat. May 24th, at 9am. They/we will be meeting at SimTec Motorsports in the Valencia Industrial Area. Craig, the owner of SimTec, is hosting. His shop specializes in Nissan/Datsun tuning, and, believe it or not, Corvair FI and turbo set ups. And he has a dyno if anyone is interested, bring cash!

SimTec Motorsports
28130 Avenue Crocker, Unit 325
Valencia, Ca

http://www.simtecmotorsports.com/gallerynew.htm
This is the gallery page, look under inports for my car. biggrin.gif

Anyway...
Allan
Crap, that's the same day as Buttonwillow... mad.gif
Mike D.
Yeah, I know, but I'm still broke from the writers strike. So free driving is better for me. smile.gif
Allan
QUOTE(Mike D. @ May 9 2008, 07:14 PM) *

Yeah, I know, but I'm still broke from the writers strike. So free driving is better for me. smile.gif

The just come on out to Buttonwillow and hang out with all the P car guys.

I'm not going to run my car. Just going to watch the festivities and drink beer... beer3.gif
Mike D.
icon_bump.gif driving.gif

Anybody interested?
2-OH!
Mike,

It's gonna be 75 and clear as a bell...Yep I'm in and I'm going TOPLESS !!!

Rick
Mike D.
Great! We'll see if Steve still has a car by next weekend. biggrin.gif

Carlitos Way
Hey Mike,

Do they have a proposed route? map? anything?
Mike D.
Oh, yeah, the Standard SC run, I think. Lake Hughes to Lake Elizabeth to San Fransisquito to Spunky Canyon to Bouquet with a stop at The Oaks maybe, unless people want to go back to SimTec for some dyno pulls... They did say they would probably split the group into speeders and cruisers.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&...mp;t=h&z=12
Mike D.
icon_bump.gif

For Interest. driving.gif
2-OH!
(A tricky way to bump)

Hey Mike, lets put a time on this puppy...

2-OH!
Carlitos Way
I am going to skip out. Turns out paintball conflicts... and it's been 3 months since I played paintball. The teener can get a turn on Sunday or Monday if the other run goes through... and it's closer to home in more "known territory."

But at least you get a free bump.
Mike D.
So i talked to Craig from SimTec and he said "sometime between 9 and 10". They are a late bunch! Plus some of them are doing the Fraiser Park Ojai to SB run. Kind of an all day thing which I can't do and several others are doing the local run.

Looks like we'll have some lite rain in the am. Hopefully not too much. But the run may be a little slower than normal.

I'll be there rain or shine and then judge from there.
Allan
QUOTE(Mike D. @ May 23 2008, 11:22 PM) *

Looks like we'll have some lite rain in the am.

I got no wipers. sad.gif

I was planning on heading down around 7:30 or so but the possibility of rain worries me... unsure.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.