Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The real deal passenger side view mirror
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Joe Bob
The real deal has a different mirror and an engraved serial on the back, is that correct?

If so, what is it and are any other identifiers?
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Joe Mama @ May 9 2008, 06:15 PM) *

The real deal has a different mirror and an engraved serial on the back, is that correct?

If so, what is it and are any other identifiers?

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Joe Bob
What... confused24.gif

It looks like a side view mirror. Aase sent me one and the only diff is the mirror. I thought it had a unique serial/part #....
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Joe Mama @ May 9 2008, 07:18 PM) *

What... confused24.gif

It looks like a side view mirror. Aase sent me one and the only diff is the mirror. I thought it had a unique serial/part #....

Repeat my earlier post.

We can't help you without more info - like a pic.
Pat

ps - what is the serial number?
jonferns
From a post on Roadglue, someone noted that the passenger mirror had a serial number of "III TP-RT210"
914Sixer
The only difference in the right and left mirror is the mirror itself(convex I think). They use the same housing. For some reason the passenger mirror is a whole lot cheaper than the driverside.
johannes
QUOTE(914Sixer @ May 10 2008, 05:23 AM) *

For some reason the passenger mirror is a whole lot cheaper than the driverside.
me think they have a HUGE stock of right mirrors
tod914
What pricing are you guys coming up with for each?
johannes
Theese are prices at Mittelmotor in Germany (in Euros). I suppose that theese prices are very close to the Porsche dealer pricelist
http://mittelmotor.de/webshop/englisch/art...e.asp?id=0,8809
As you can see the right one (convex) is about half the price. That would mean they have half the stock of left mirrors.
914Sixer
The last passenger mirror I bought was about $80 my cost.
Joe Bob
Probably going to get another one as we are doing a restoration on an original six....

BTW, the extra early rear bumper is on eBay right now. The chromer did an excellent job. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...rksid=p3907.m32
Tom_T
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Aug 9 2008, 06:49 AM) *

The last passenger mirror I bought was about $80 my cost.

Any US sources for the R mirror at this late date? I haven't looked at AA, PP, Peli, yet.

Thanx in advance!
Tom
///////
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.