Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need help with 914 tool kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mwwampler
The 1974 914 2.0 that we recently purchased didn't come with a tool kit. The previous owner used the car for DE's and Autocross only and took his tool box with him to the events. What are the essential tools needed?

Click to view attachment

Thanks,
dr914@autoatlanta.com
plastic bag black rubber band reversible screw driver wheel bolt socket bar for socket 13/10 open wrench hub cap puller and toe eye
pin31
The Dr. described the factory tool kit (which is nice to have from a concourse point of view).

There have been a few good threads (need to do a search) of what tools folks keep in there car or bring with them on a long trips. Stuff like spare fuses, relays, throttle cables, metric socket sets etc... There are some good (not so obvious) suggestions.

shelby/914
A friend has one that he said he is going to sell. PM me and I'll get you in contact. It's very nice so will be $$.
computers4kids
just posted a kit in the classifieds...although I prefer a modern assortment.
type47
QUOTE(computers4kids @ May 10 2008, 08:33 AM) *

although I prefer a modern assortment.

agree.gif

for a -4, a stubby 14mm for the jam nut on the valve adjust screw, stubby blade screwdriver, VW spark plug/lug bolt combo tool with extention to fit through holes to turn, allen socket to loosen alternator to replace belt (6mm i believe), 17mm allen to fill transmission......(lots more)

these are not in a factory kit (-4)
mdwman
If you are going for originality, this is a good website with a section on tool kits for various years:

http://www.p914.com

KELTY360
Nice car. welcome.png

Oh yeah, you can never go wrong having a 13mm combination wrench in your bag.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.