Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: interchangibility of D-Jet L-Jet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
daveyboybadion
Here's a question for Bleseng or you other FI gurus. Can I make an L-Jet work on a D-Jet engine? What's invovled beyond switching out components? Will the ECU for a D-Jet still work with an L-Jet?...daveyboy idea.gif
Bleyseng
djet or ljet works on any type 4 motor with a stockish cam...

the only part I can think of that works on either FI is the AAR valve

you can use the bus/914 1.8 intake set up with 2.0l djet FI parts
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ May 10 2008, 09:26 AM) *

you can use the bus/914 1.8 intake set up with 2.0l djet FI parts

Oh? The Cap'n
davep
A friend has what he claims is a 2.0 with 1.8 L-jet. I'm not sure how well it runs, but I am informed that it does run. Certainly not optimum. Each system is engineered differently. The L-jet ECU and the D-jet ECU are completely different; different inputs and different outputs.
SirAndy
i ran a 1.8L for years that had a complete 1.7L D-Jet injection on it. the car ran just fine ...

bye1.gif Andy
type47
QUOTE(daveyboybadion @ May 10 2008, 08:20 AM) *

Will the ECU for a D-Jet still work with an L-Jet?

no, different plugs but more importantly, d-jet injectors squirt fuel "every other" crank rotation while l-jet injectors squirt every rotation. d-jet has trigger points in dizzy, l-jet does not.

and i think the d-jet and l-jet AAR's are different but perhaps one could adapt an l-jet AAR to a d-jet system. (d-jet AAR's are NLA)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.