Nice score!!!

How do the pans look?

Whose Ghia?
turtleturtle
QUOTE(Headrage @ May 10 2008, 03:12 PM) *

Nice score!!!

How do the pans look?

Whose Ghia?

Pans are okay, not 100% perfect but okay for a daily. That would be my Ghia. It's a USACi World Finalist show car. biggrin.gif
mdwman
I sold my '64 Beetle in order to buy the 914 and miss it every day (even though I love the Porsche). Wish I could run across a running, complete Beetle for $250! TheSamba is a fantastic resource.
Katmanken
Better put some sheet metal around that engine and some rubber seals to the sheet metal or yer engine is gonna go BOOM,

That's just a fact of life with a VW.

Me? I usta have a 61 convert, a 61 bug, a 65 bug, a 73 superbeetle and my favorite.....a 67 Karman gooey convertible...

Ken

r_towle
shelf that motor.
Keep it for serial numbers, but damn...get a new motor.
Nice score, I have a few myself,,,,a great riding position.
I always felt that driving a beetle was like a video game.
Where any other car you are observing the video game, but in a beetle you are part of the game...just how you are sitting....

I love them, beetles rock!!
Rich
turtleturtle
At work today at Interstate Batteries of South Texas, someone who was claiming to be the first owner of my 67 comes by. We get talking about it and he is correct, he was the owner, knows everything about the car, why the fenders are different and why the passenger rear fender is missing a huge chunk.

Well, I went by his house today and he had the ORIGINAL jack for it and it works, a new carpet kit, the original spare tire and rim, original hubcaps, new weather stripping, rear veiw mirrors, window cranks, embelms, etc.... List is very long.

Got it all for free!

My question, anyone know where I can get carpet install instructions or just tell me what part goes where. Thanks much!

IPB Image
DanT
hopefully it can end up looking like my old '67 biggrin.gif

good luck, lots of work ahead of you. smile.gif

I restored this one in the late '80s. Was originally my father in law's daily driver. My wife learned to drive in this car.
Motor tin was all painted to match car, chrome fan shroud, chrome pulleys, chrome distributor and coil.

should have kept it. sad.gif
So.Cal.914
I did a few 30+ years ago, help me out, lay out the pieces so we can see them

better. There was a piece for the longs on each side ( the thin ones), the main

piece I am sure you have already ID'd In the foot well there are three pieces I

believe, I see the two that go on the sides in the foot well... Just post a pic with all

the pieces laid out flat. If that shows up I will label it for you.
Root_Werks
Bugs rock, I drive a 74' stupid beetle as my daily and love it. driving.gif
r_towle
Top right piece is front floors.
Just under that is the rear floors
Bottom is the two heater channels...under the door.
Lower left pair are kick panel pieces.
Top left is "firewall" or up around the gas pedal etc.

Rich
dw914er
QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ May 14 2008, 06:12 PM) *

hopefully it can end up looking like my old '67 biggrin.gif

good luck, lots of work ahead of you. smile.gif

I restored this one in the late '80s. Was originally my father in law's daily driver. My wife learned to drive in this car.
Motor tin was all painted to match car, chrome fan shroud, chrome pulleys, chrome distributor and coil.

should have kept it. sad.gif

looks like my neighbors, but his is a 68. Clean car, though he is selling it now
914rrr
Around here, that would be a $2000 bug...without the fenders!!! Nice score!

My first car was a 66 bug with a 1300 engine. Engine outlasted 1 bug body and 2 bus bodies (a 66 camper and 64 21 window). Family portrait from a few years back...

Click to view attachment
Mark Henry
I'm a '67 magnet....I've owned 3 others, my dad had one and I now have a '67 bus and I'm restoring another '67 beetle.

If they made a '67 914 I'd have one.

My blog has a pic of my old '67 on a trailer, my bus before it went together and the present state of my bug, but I have done work on the "missing" parts.
turtleturtle
QUOTE(914rrr @ May 14 2008, 07:52 PM) *

Around here, that would be a $2000 bug...without the fenders!!! Nice score!

My first car was a 66 bug with a 1300 engine. Engine outlasted 1 bug body and 2 bus bodies (a 66 camper and 64 21 window). Family portrait from a few years back...

Click to view attachment

Wow... I started to install the new carpet that I aquired today. Got the front floor pan part installed, not glued yet and the heater channels to fit right. Tomorrow the rest goes in and is getting glued. biggrin.gif Pics when finished!
turtleturtle
QUOTE(kwales @ May 10 2008, 08:05 PM) *

Better put some sheet metal around that engine and some rubber seals to the sheet metal or yer engine is gonna go BOOM

I actually got the rest of the sheet metal today in Mexico for free. Got lots of goodies for free. Today, was a good day. Now I have work to do. drunk.gif
Joe Bob
First of the 12 volts, last of the wide five lug bolts, 1500cc single port motor....too cool.
DanT
yep, they were the step children of the VWs.
1st year for several things and last year for several others.

I have owned two over the years. My favorite year for VW, followed closely by the '66 biggrin.gif
turtleturtle
The carpet is installed, pics in a little bit. smile.gif
turtleturtle
Pics!

Before, astroturf....YUCK:

IPB Image

After:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Root_Werks
My daily driver. driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.