Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NO START!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EJP914
Have a 74 1.8 w/ sgl carb. Took all the wiring harness out of eng compartment to clean up all the connections. Put back in the way I found it. Now it doesnt start. Cant even get it to turn over. Does not seem there is any power to the starter. Battery is old but fully charged. There is power to fuel pump. Is there some connection or circuit from the ignition key thru the seat belts to the starter that it wont start? Car still has active seat belt warning / interlock system. I thought all the seat belt wiring had to be connected for car to start. Some wierd safety feature from the 70's?
Seat belts and seats are out of car for a coat of POR 15 to the floor. Is the no start and seat belts system related? If not, any else I should look at. Frustrated.
Thanks forall help.
McMark
Make sure the connector on the relay board is plugged in correctly. It's possible to install it one pin off.
914chic
Well you say took the harness out , yet it is a single carb so what exctly did the harness consist of? Double check all you connections , also do you have a voltmeter? I f so check you power to the positive side of the coil . Also if you dont have a voltmeter , check that you getting fuel , easiest way to check if you dont have a guage is take the air cleaner off and turn the key on and move the linkage down and see if fuel squirts ? Also on a side note: if you dont have a voltmeter take a plug wire off and ground it out and have someone turn it over abd see if your gettin spark.
SGB
Last time I put the harness in, I accedently connected the red wire that sends power up to the ignition switch to the ground point under the relay board. The length was about right, and it apparently just got stacked in with the other grounds and bolted down under there. No shorts occured. The wire was supposed to go to the solenoid, where it meets up with the hot cable from the battery. But since there was no power going up to the ignition switch, there was NO response from turning the key. Look under that relay board. Somewhere there is a red wire that comes out of the cnter tunnel (sleeved with one or maybe two other wires -maybe the heaterfan wire) that has to get power. Izzat hooked up?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.