Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 parking brake
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cyclocross
Hello:

I am thinking to do a 911 e-brake setup. Anyone know what year of 911 ebrake set up is better for this project? . I hear 69-73 are the one to get. However, the one I got ready on hand is 82 ebrake. Is there more modification I need to do on 82 ebrake to make it work?

TIA
Jeff Hail
QUOTE(cyclocross @ May 11 2008, 01:18 AM) *

Hello:

I am thinking to do a 911 e-brake setup. Anyone know what year of 911 ebrake set up is better for this project? . I hear 69-73 are the one to get. However, the one I got ready on hand is 82 ebrake. Is there more modification I need to do on 82 ebrake to make it work?

TIA

Get a hold of Eric Shea. If I am right he has a set of 911 E-/Rear brakes with modified 914 trailing arms included ready to go NOW and the price is very reasonable.

If you are a fabricator you can adapt the 82 E-brake handle to a center console/ tunnel mount using two passenger side 914 E-Brake cables and 914 rear calipers.
Your left thigh will never regret it!
Eric_Shea
Danke Jeff,

I do indeed have some completed arms available... Mr. LavanAut also had a set of 911 rear control arms sent here as well. These have the perfect handbrake assemblies (for the do-it-yourselfers). PM him for a price and I'll ship them out.

The bolt pattern on the early bearing caps for the 911 handbrake is exactly the same as the 914. A little grinding on the bearing housing and the early assemblies drop in and bolt on (is that a Timothy Leary referrence?). blink.gif

The 911 ebrake allows you to use a plethora of 38mm or 43mm pistoned calipers (911 rears with or without spacers). Those, my friend, are the politics of ecstasy. wacko.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.