Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Project Jenny Craig
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine14cats
I finally have my car back together after going on the weight loss program for the upcoming season. 12 weeks later the final count was 289 lbs of 914 fat! My original goal was 300 lbs, and I knew I was going to be short, so I went on a diet and have lost 10 lbs....Total raceweight from last year is down 299lbs!

I drove the car around the neighborhood last night and the feel of the car is substantially different (the neighborhood kids got a kick out of the rear wing and new paint job!)......

The weight loss is VERY noticeable. Combined with the new Guard LSD, revised engine work, short ratio gear box and new phase nine exhaust, the car pulls like a freight train. The hit in the upper range is awesome! And I haven't broken the engine in yet. The LSD in particular makes the car feel much different. It's going to take me some time to get used to.

I'll post pics tonight if I get a chance....

I'm happy! clap56.gif

Bill P.
seanery
I'm Green with Envy!
URY914
Good job sawzall-smiley.gif

"Free" horsepower!

Paul
ChrisReale
Ok. I need a taste of details as to how you achieved this? Just a taste.... smile.gif
Don Wohlfarth
Bill, please post a picture of your wing and how you mounted it. Thx.
J P Stein
Tread lightly, Chris.....here there be monsters laugh.gif

So, Bill, what does it weigh now?
nine14cats
Hi JP,

She's gotta be ~2000 to 2100lbs...i'll get her on a scale soon. Full cage inside, so can't get away with being too light....

Chris, I'll post a snoot full of pics tonight. I didn't have time last night to snap away as the digital camera was dead. I plugged her in this morning before leaving for work.

Any unneeded wiring is gone. Ventilation system and controls...gone. Metal hoods....gone. Metal bumbers....gone. Bumperettes....gone. Headlights and motors....gone. Center gauge consol...gone. Door beams...gone. Door window glass...gone. Rear window glass....gone. Jack posts....gone. Windshield trim....gone. Any metal tabs or excess metal I didn't know what was for....gone. blink.gif

I put 450lbs rear springs on her to try out....all resemblance to a street car is now gone. She is pure track now..... laugh.gif

It's scary what I done.... ohmy.gif

Bill P.
J P Stein
Humm...I'll be looking forward to hearing the weight. My SWAG would be something in the 1900-2000 range.

BTW, did you get a chance to root around in your Cookie collection to see if there were 4 you could spare?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.