Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Changing over exhaust on a "76
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shelby/914
Currently running stock '73/4 2.0L heat exchangers but no heat. Found a set of SSI's and all of the correct tubes which have been beadblasted. Decisions, decisions, Hitemp paint or powdercoat? If paint any brand or type suggestions? How hot does it get? Talked to one guy who used BBQ paint instead of of header paint. Also what do you use to shine up the SSI's?
McMark
If you want it to last forever, get it ceramic coated. Any sort of paint will not last long down there.
Krieger
The "heater tubes" that connect to my SSI and poke through the engine tin are powder coated the same as my engine tin- some kind of semigloss color. They look new after 7 years.
davesprinkle
All my heater tube components were powdercoated. No problems.

I shot the flapper valves with Krylon semi-gloss. No problems.

QUOTE(shelby/914 @ May 11 2008, 05:42 PM) *

Currently running stock '73/4 2.0L heat exchangers but no heat. Found a set of SSI's and all of the correct tubes which have been beadblasted. Decisions, decisions, Hitemp paint or powdercoat? If paint any brand or type suggestions? How hot does it get? Talked to one guy who used BBQ paint instead of of header paint. Also what do you use to shine up the SSI's?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.