Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - Anyone from Ashland Ore.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drew365
She's crazy but has a nice bod.
Click to view attachment
Ojai's Pastie Lady leaves town
After a year of biking downtown in pasties and a G-string, Jennifer Moss moves to Oregon, saying that she is tired of police harassment and that the town isn't environmentally conscious enough.
By Catherine Saillant, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
May 11, 2008
After a year of near-naked environmental activism in Ojai, the Pastie Lady has decided to hit the road for greener pastures.

Jennifer Moss, 32, caused community strife and gained local celebrity for the bike rides she took daily through the center of town, clad only in a hemp G-string and pasties.

But last week, she said she'd grown tired of police harassment in the Ventura County city of 8,000, and moved to Ashland, Ore.

She said the Ojai area was not the environmental Shangri-La she envisioned when she arrived a year ago. People use pesticides on crops, she said, and herbicides to get rid of bamboo on the Ventura River.

"Police attention was part of the reason I left," she said. "But the No. 1 reason I left Ojai is they are not conscious enough about the air, the soil and the water. Either you get it or you don't."

Moss, who calls herself "Earth Friend Jen," had touted various environmental causes during her streaks through downtown. She's passionate about water and thinks everyone should wear clothes made of hemp.

But she'd been ticketed for traffic violations several times and had twice been cited for public indecency. The Ventura County district attorney's office declined to prosecute either case, said Bruce Norris, Ojai's police chief.

"They just don't believe they can get a conviction on the nudity issue," Norris said. "There are constitutional issues about why a man can run around with no shirt on but a woman can't."

Moss said she was always within the law because her skimpy outfit covered key areas. In Ashland, she said, she will no longer have to worry.

The city's laws do not prohibit public nudity, which she recently confirmed during a visit to the local police station. Moss said she celebrated by stripping off all of her clothes and doing a headstand right outside the station. Then she rode naked through the center of Ashland, even though it was chilly out.

"This town is known for performance art. And even though it's not the status quo to ride around naked, it's been done before," Moss said. "So it was no big deal."

As word leaked out in Ojai about Moss' departure, almost everyone had an opinion.

"Good riddance!" one anonymous poster wrote on a local news website.

"I think it's terrible she's been driven out of town," wrote another.

For the police chief, her move will have one concrete benefit: Police will no longer have to waste time responding to complaints.

"I hope she finds real happiness up there," Norris said.
sixnotfour
I think Jim Chambers (porsche rescue) lives there.
She is going to need bigger pasties , it gets alot colder there.
ericread
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ May 11 2008, 08:19 PM) *

I think Jim Chambers (porsche rescue) lives there.
She is going to need bigger pasties , it gets alot colder there.

Actually, if it gets colder, the pasties may not need to get bigger, just more pointy... happy11.gif (Oh yeah, I'm going to hell for that one...)
Eric_Shea
If I would have known about this last week... headbang.gif

I'll be back to Medf... errr ASHLAND June 2nd. Maybe Jim and I can go "cruising" in my "ELECTRIC" rental car (wearing our hemp jamies of course). smoke.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(drew365 @ May 11 2008, 07:05 PM) *

She's crazy ...

'ya think? screwy.gif

From her website: "We now realize that we have the power to transform the structure of water through our thoughts and words. Therefore, we now realize that we are Gods creating reality and that everything in our reality is a collective of thoughts materializing in our water world."

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.