Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Trying to find this car, but my memory sux
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Wanna9146
I am trying to find a car like a family member owned back in the late 80's to mid 90's...all I remember (I think) is the car having 3 cyls. & a turbo (it was considered the "sport model). It was a little tiny box-looking thing.

Suzuki Swift?
Chevy Sprint?
Geo Metro?

confused24.gif

Also looking for a Toyota FX-16/GTS...
messix
QUOTE(Wanna9146 @ May 11 2008, 09:53 PM) *

I am trying to find a car like a family member owned back in the late 80's to mid 90's...all I remember (I think) is the car having 3 cyls. & a turbo (it was considered the "sport model). It was a little tiny box-looking thing.

Suzuki Swift?
Chevy Sprint?
Geo Metro?

confused24.gif

Also looking for a Toyota FX-16/GTS...

'88- '89 chevy sprint.
Wanna9146
QUOTE(messix @ May 11 2008, 09:12 PM) *
'88- '89 chevy sprint.

Ya think? I'm leaning toward a Suzuki, but I'm foggy...

Found this on the 'net...now I'm more confused: Suzuki Swift AA41S (1985)
First generation

Also called Chevrolet Sprint
Pontiac Firefly
Suzuki Forsa
Suzuki Cultus
Production 1985–1988
Engine(s) 1.3L I3
1.0L I3
1.3L I4
The first generation Suzuki Swift, internally designated by Suzuki as AA41S, was available in a number of engine configurations including a carbureted or fuel injected turbocharged 1.0 litre, 3 cylinder (G10) engine and a carbureted or fuel injected 1.3 litre (G13).

There were two versions available: the 1.0 GA and the 1.0 GL. The GA model was the "budget" trim level, with plastic wheelcovers, 5-speed gearbox and cloth trim. The GL model was the plusher of the two, and had a 5-speed gearbox, a sunroof (some markets had air conditioning. It also had alloy wheels rather than wheelcovers.

The AA41S series was the first to introduce the Swift GTi. The Swift GTi utilized the G13B engine. The G13B is a DOHC 16 valve, 1.3 L, in-line 4-cylinder engine that features an aluminum block and cylinder head, forged steel crankshaft and connecting rods, and cast aluminum high compression pistons (10:1 compression ratio). Its power output is 101 hp (70 kW). The MK1 Swift GTi was available in European and Asia-Pacific markets.

The US market only received the 1.0 litre version which were sold as the Chevrolet Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and the Suzuki Forsa. Both the carbureted and turbocharged models were available in North America. The Chevrolet Sprint Turbo was available in 1987 and 1988 in red and white. The 1.3 Suzuki Swift sold quite well in Canada, and was even available as a rental car.

messix
most were the sprints, not many suzuki turbo were imported [they are the same car] check this out....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Sprint
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.