Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 916 Clone for Sale...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Britain Smith
1971 Porsche 916 Clone

1971 Porsche 916 Clone Silver exterior, gray interior, 5 speed coupe, V8 2.2 litre 185 horsepower motor, premium sound system w/cassette, new tires, garage kept, non smoker. Show car. This car was built for Peter Gregg as his personal driver exactly as one of two left on the planet only 11 factory cars were built. It just went through a 4,000 mechanical restoration. The only thing not original is electronic ignition. It is in very close to SHOW condition and has been invited to numerous shows Enjoy a LEGEND Bill Bennett 925-989-4716
Britain Smith
fwf
redshift
what? <_<

LMAO

M
ArtechnikA
V8 2.2 litre 185 horsepower motor ... The only thing not original is electronic ignition.

...and maybe that V8 ??!?

actually, i think that's a misprint, and i think $32,5k is probably a good price for the car. outta my price range tho ...

also IMHO, a removable-top (i.e. not welded-steel hardtop) car is NOT a 916 clone. it's a 916-wannabe at best. mind you, i think it's still probably a very nice car, but it shouldn't be misrepresented. does it have the proper sideshift 915 transmission and 2,7 RS-spec engine ?
vortrex
I talked to this guy..

it is built on a 4 chassis. full docs saying brumos originally built the car. seems to be in very nice condition, as he said it was better condition than the 3.8 silver 914-6 on ebay recently (his friend). bowlsby among others said the 3.8 was NICE. guy really wants to sell it and would take any offer I think.
Bleyseng
heres another pic
vortrex
oh and not sure where the v8 came from, it is a 2.2S motor.
redshift
I got lost when it said Peter Gregg, am I still not seeing the pot of gold that comes with it?

It's a V8, built for PG? laugh.gif

I hate the wheels. (I hope my post doesn't get deleted)

M
vortrex
I'm pretty sure it is fiberglass flares also.
SirAndy
QUOTE(vortrex @ Jan 20 2004, 05:02 PM)
I'm pretty sure it is fiberglass flares also.

yeah, just throw on a bunch of cheap-o-plastic flares and bumpers and paint the top in body color and call in a 916-clone. laugh.gif

some people <_<
Andy
vortrex
hah, didn't mean it like that! I don't believe you'd ask $32k for yours either. I just think steel flares and a real six chassis need to be there to get anywhere near that amount.
redshift
I don't see any reason to have a /6 tub make that more worthy.

Brumos uses glass flares anyhow, and the ends of the 916 are glass.. so..

It's a V8..

M
boxstr
One thing that is really dumb is that they actually moved the amber warts(side marker lites) to fit with the flares.
CCLIN barf.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(vortrex @ Jan 20 2004, 06:27 PM)
hah, didn't mean it like that! I don't believe you'd ask $32k for yours either.

now you got me thinking! idea.gif

i just added a decal to the back that says:
"916 targa"

i made it out of a "914-6-VW-Porsche" decal and a 9eleben "targa" piece.

is the car worth $32k now?
Andy
redshift
It's the only one anybody's heard of, if the world!

M
914ghost
. .....I wonder if they got change for a freshly printed $1billion bill? rolleyes.gif
I wrote the nine zeros in after the 1, but that should make it worth a billion right? clap56.gif
vortrex
QUOTE(redshift @ Jan 20 2004, 06:31 PM)
I don't see any reason to have a /6 tub make that more worthy.

are you serious?
SirAndy
QUOTE(vortrex @ Jan 20 2004, 06:48 PM)
are you serious?

are YOU serious? it's miles we're dealing with, after all. laugh.gif
redshift
Yeah, I am serious. A /6 tub matters on a /6, once it's cut up, people call you a fool.

A nice /6 tub can be worth $10k, then you cut it for a V8.. you don't see that a cut /6 tub is about the dumbest thing since eating sticks of butter?

idea.gif

I like the buttery taste.

M
Gint
laugh.gif

Damn! My glass is empty again...
vortrex
I look at it this way...

this car is TWO conversions deep. conversion to 914-6 and then conversion to 916. could cut that in half with a real six chassis. to me, it's like making a relatively costly 914GT clone starting from a four chassis. doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
Joe Bob
My head hurts....
redshift
Making it out of a /6, would be tantamount to cutting a 911S tub, to make a V8 RS clone, when you could use a T-tub..

Blowing money, and having purists try to kill you. Nice.

The 'upholstered just like Peter Gregg's' car that AA had would have been less money to do that whole conversion, you'd have a 2.2 /6 with around 50k on it, and metal flares, and it was a real /6... fucking bastards.

'scuse me..

M
vortrex
this car is from AA.
redshift
Maybe so, but it's not the one I tried to buy for more than they sold it for.

M
seanery
I have to agree totally with miles on this one. It doesn't make sense to build a bastard out of a gem.
vortrex
you're right, does not make sense, and I wouldn't do it.

but... if the guy wants $30k+ it can't be a four in my opinion.

I'd would rather see someone do something like this to a real six though over making a hacked up track car.
redshift
QUOTE(seanery @ Jan 21 2004, 08:50 AM)
I have to agree totally with miles on this one. It doesn't make sense to build a bastard out of a gem.

You don't have to do anything.

laugh.gif

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.