Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Springtime Check-ups
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr. Roger
After reading about Purple's findings on his brakes (BIG TIME YIKES!!!!) I realized I better take a full day or two and go through EVERYTHING on my car just to be double sure she is safe and as reliable as she can be (all things considered..... LOL)

I know the PCA has a Porsche related chacklist for racing A/X but has someone compiled a 914 related checklist covering known issues with our cars?

Things like E-brake adjusting which is something I know I need to fine tune on my car. Also fine tuning the alignment so I can attack the twisties more safely. Noted early tire wear to indicate this issue....
Check motor mount bolts, belts, cleaning fuses, battery servicing, clutch adjust, purchasing backup throttle and clutch cables, handle nagging oil leaks, tune-up, are some other things that come to mind.

Anyone have a comprehensive spring time list?

driving.gif
jimkelly
my checklist has always been:

engine runs - check

drive

jim

* maybe i should add a few more : )
type47
CV bolts, throttle and clutch cable, speedo cable, clutch adjustment....

for me, i have to change steering rack boots and tie rod end boots, and replace the o-ring in the speedo angle drive......
scotty b
QUOTE(jimkelly @ May 12 2008, 02:46 PM) *

my checklist has always been:

engine runs - check

drive

jim

* maybe i should add a few more : )

Joint butts OUT of car dry.gif I got really tired of those things flyuing up in my face when you took me for a ride Jim smoke.gif
Dr. Roger
that's funny. when i took possession of my 914 i found a roach in the ash tray.

friggin' stoners.... LOL

happy11.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.