Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 Part? What is it?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RJdiego
Click to view attachment

While cleaning out stuff in the garage and came across this part.
It looks like some sort of vacuum choke/ cold idle, I dunno.. anybody know what it is? I can't find it in a parts diagram.

Should I trash it, or does it have some value?

Also listing some 914-6 stuff on ebay..axle, cv joint, boots, non-working fuel pump,etc.

Thanks.
Rusty
That is a 914-6 part called a "throttle valve positioner". Most 914-6s I've seen have had the part removed.
TedK
Looks like something I think was called a dashpot.(American cars) Its function was to slow the return of the throttle to idle when you took your foot of the gas.
smontanaro
QUOTE(TedK @ May 12 2008, 07:54 PM) *

Looks like something I think was called a dashpot.(American cars) Its function was to slow the return of the throttle to idle when you took your foot of the gas.

Not a problem my /6 has. I guess I should look to see if mine is still installed. biggrin.gif

Skip
IronHillRestorations
It pulls the throttle back to idle position. If you are selling it, I'd be interested. Not worth a lot, but I have a six that I'd like to have it for.
racerx9146
slows down throttle return to help prevent backfires with Webers...

Mines is not installed but I have thought about trying it...

John Daron
RJdiego
QUOTE(9146986 @ May 13 2008, 09:02 AM) *

It pulls the throttle back to idle position. If you are selling it, I'd be interested. Not worth a lot, but I have a six that I'd like to have it for.

Thanks guys,

I'm selling some stuff on ebay, I'll probably list it there. I'll let you know when I list it.

rj
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.