Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: brake line in tunnel- how hard to replace?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rfuerst911sc
Next up on the /6 conversion on the 75 chassis is installing the 19mm master cylinder and all the hard lines. How do you replace the line in the tunnel? I assume it comes out towards the rear of the car and is fed into the tunnel from the firewall? Any tips would be appreciated. biggrin.gif
ejm
The line in the tunnel is two pieces, there's a coupler just before it exits the firewall. I think this was done so the factory could install the line without having to make the bends afterwards.
orange914
heres the url to a great how to:

http://www.914world.com/specs/tech_fuellines_ss.php
purple
how is the front portion of this line connected to the body? I ask because mine was banging around in there and hitting the bottom of my shifter until i zip-tied it to the throttle cable tube....is that bad?
orange914
QUOTE(purple @ May 13 2008, 09:43 AM) *

how is the front portion of this line connected to the body? I ask because mine was banging around in there and hitting the bottom of my shifter until i zip-tied it to the throttle cable tube....is that bad?

i think your refering to were it comes through? it has a funky shaped rubber grommet. i may have one for you sitting around, but it may be abit before i can check my mess(!)
VaccaRabite
I bought a brake line kit from Ebay. The tunnel part was very easy. I just snipped the old line and pulled it out. New line goes in, and there is an attachment access panel near the firewall. I was wishing I had slightly smaller hands for it, but it was not that bad.

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.