Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How Do These Contacts Come Out?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kconway
I've got a Bowlsby alternator cable to replace mine that has been hacked up. Can somebody tell me how I remove these contacts from the connector before I damage it?

Thanks,
Kev

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
QUOTE(kconway @ May 12 2008, 08:22 PM) *

I've got a Bowlsby alternator cable to replace mine that has been hacked up. Can somebody tell me how I remove these contacts from the connector before I damage it?

the cable connectors should have a little locking tab that holds them in the plastic.

use a tiny flat blade screwdriver and slide it in from the opposite side to bend the tab back while slowly pulling on the wire at the same time ...
shades.gif Andy
kconway
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 12 2008, 08:25 PM) *

QUOTE(kconway @ May 12 2008, 08:22 PM) *

the cable connectors should have a little locking tab that holds them in the plastic.

use a tiny flat blade screwdriver and slide it in from the opposite side to bend the tab back while slowly pulling on the wire at the same time ...
shades.gif Andy

Thanks Andy, used your advice and pulled harder than I had and they popped right out. smilie_pokal.gif

Next question...are the rubber boots/grommets that go on the alternator housing and the engine shelf for the cable still available? How about the larger boot to direct air on the alternator to cool it?

Kev
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.