Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: lug nut size
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yellow1
My car is missing 1 nut from each wheel,i think there were wheel locks where the bolts are missing, the car came with the jack but no lug wrench.there is a plastic bolt cap over the the real bolts.can some 1 tell me what size lug wrench i need to buy and also what size lug nuts and where i can get them.my car is a 76 2.0 thx.
PeeGreen 914
Need to see what wheels you have. If you have Fucks or Mahles I belive they are a 21mm
yellow1
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ May 12 2008, 11:52 PM) *

Need to see what wheels you have. If you have Fucks or Mahles I belive they are a 21mm

here is a pic
PeeGreen 914
Yeah... I am almost positive those are 21mm.
yellow1
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ May 13 2008, 12:31 AM) *

Yeah... I am almost positive those are 21mm.

Thx i will pick a 21mm lug wrench 2 morrow ,by any chance would u or any 1 on this site know what this plug is for, and where it goes i found it loose in the engine compartment near the battery tray.
SGB
Um, mine are 19mm (for 4 bolt fuchs)
Cevan
Mine are 17mm for 4 bolt Mahles.
Dave_Darling
The 17mm ones are aftermarket replacements. The 19mm ones are stock, and very very expensive.

Those look like aftermarket Fuchs wheels, BTW. The bolt is sitting waaaaaaay too far down inside the wheel. I'm not sure I'd trust them if they looked like that!

The plug is for a fuel cut-off rev limiter. That was an option on 75-76 2.0s that had catalysts, and they seem to have used the same EFI wiring harness on some of the 75-76 2.0s without catalytic converters. No problem leaving it unplugged.

--DD
rjames
mine are 19mm and I have Mahles....

Where the 19mm stock for both the Mahles and the Fuchs?
cwpeden
I have never seen a Pcar with anything but 19mm, any Pcar. I have been doing tech at AX since '95 and only ever brought one socket.

Wait they were all 3/4 inch blink.gif
Dave_Darling
All the stock bolts for alloy wheels used a 19mm head. (I forget the steelie bolts.) They're $10-20 each, new.

There are 17mm-head bolts that fit well and are cheaper. They may be from an Audi. I think they're more like $2-5 each.

--DD
PeeGreen 914
Well my six has 19 but two of the 914s I have had were 21mm. They were both four cylenders and one had fuchs and the others were mahles. They looked exactly like the ones he pictured. sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.