Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0 engine parts-pricing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scrz914
I've got an extra 1.7 engine and was thinking about building it into a 2.0.

Does anyone have an estimate of what the following 2.0 parts are going for used?

I would need to source:
Crankshaft
Rods
Heads (could have 1.7 reworked)
Engine Tin (could modify the 1.7)
Exhaust

I realize that there would be much more to buy for an engine rebuild: P&C's, bearings, cam etc. but I thought I could start looking for some bargains as I'm in no rush.

I'm trying to decide wether or not to build off the 1.7 or just keep looking for a stock 2.0 which are getting more and more expensive.

Thanks.

RJMII
QUOTE(scrz914 @ May 13 2008, 03:59 PM) *

Does anyone have an estimate of what the following 2.0 parts are going for used?

I would need to source:
Crankshaft
Rods
Exhaust

I realize that there would be much more to buy for an engine rebuild: P&C's, bearings, cam etc. but I thought I could start looking for some bargains as I'm in no rush.

I'm trying to decide wether or not to build off the 1.7 or just keep looking for a stock 2.0 which are getting more and more expensive.

Thanks.

Heads seem to be going from $300 to $400 /pr
Engine Tin has seen prices around $100
Exhaust - no idea

r_towle
QUOTE(scrz914 @ May 13 2008, 05:59 PM) *

I would need to source:
Crankshaft
Rods
Exhaust

Thanks.

I will sell you heads, crank, rods for 500.
Case, 125.
I will sell you SS HE's for 400
I have an old 2.0 liter muffler...needs help..free with SS HE's.
Tin...I gotta go look. I know I have 2 sets of 2.0 liter, but I want the set that needs less work...lol.
I actually restored a set of head tin already. I just need to go see what the other set looks like...for the old set, if restorable...75

You can use the 1.7 case you have.
You can use the 1.7 HE's and exhaust that you have.
That all fits.

Rich
scrz914
I will sell you heads, crank, rods for 500.

From this price I would say it would be cost effective to buy the parts one-by-one.

Thanks Rich and others, I'll be in touch.

Tony
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.