Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Possilble electrical short
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
keske968
I have a 914 with a msd ignition and a 1967 2.0l 911 engine. Fired up and ran fine. I drove it for about 15 minutes and when i came to a stop it just died. Fortunally i was close to home and home was down hill so I just coasted it home.

The battery shows 11.7 volts. When I turn the key to the run position i can hear the fuel pump and the battery drops to about 10.2v. When I turn it to the start position I do not even get a click. I get nothing and the battery drops to about 6v. Any ideas?
ejm
Your battery is dead. After you charge the battery and get it running check the charging system. Quick check, does the "Gen" light come on when you turn the key on? If not you're most likely not charging.
keske968
the gen light is not comming on... so ill check it... but the gen light never came on while i was driving it... it did turn on when i first fired it up today...

I just put a meter on it and it read 12v and it tried to fire up.... I think ill just buy a new battery and see what happens. I have only had the car about a year and the previous owner claimed to have put in a new alternator. Made the 1000 mile trip from new york with out a problem so I am guessing that all the sitting has killed it. I will update tomorrow.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.