Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: On the road again!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
championgt1
Well after a long few months of banging my head against the wall the car is finally back on the road.

My problem started when the battery went dead and instead of getting a new battery and solving the problem the right way, I did it the wrong way. I tried to recharge the battery and when it would not start I made the dumb decision to spray some starting fluid in the throttle body. When the car tried to start it backfired through the plenum and the throttle body. The backfire broke the support tubes away from the plenum thus creating a major vacuum leak producing a 4000 rpm idle.
Click to view attachment

I spent months trying to find the vacuum leak before I finally found the problem.

With a great used plenum from a member here, and alot of help from alot of different folks my car is back on the road. I got everything back together tonight and with a little "tuning" she was purring like a kitten.

I would like to take this oppurtinity to thank all the people that gave me info and parts that got me on the right track. That is why this site is so great!!

The finished product!!
Click to view attachment

PeeGreen 914
piratenanner.gif smilie_pokal.gif Awsome. I can't wait to see it.
championgt1
Just waiting on a new Triad and I will be good to go!!
TeenerTim
Congratulations! That's one sweet ride. It give us "jack stand queens" a little hope.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.