Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paint
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Todd Enlund
Eventually, I plan on painting my car myself. I have a little experience painting F-15 parts, and I do a lot of airbrushing, so I think that I can do a good job. However, I've never purchased automotive paint before.

I plan on going to metal in most areas. The car has a very mediocre respray over the factory paint, same color (Tangerine).

I realize that this will be subjective, but what brands of paint have you used, and what did you like? I've seen a few recommendations on various threads, but I'd like a larger sampling of opinions. I'm at least a year away from a paint job, but I'm going to need some etching primer well before I'll need the paint.

Price is a consideration, but I want good paint. Ease of use is a consideration, but I am resigned to the fact that I will be color sanding, at least to get the bugs out biggrin.gif

Do you use the same paint on wheels that you would on the body?

I plan on sticking with Tangerine, but I'm considering doing the rockers and wheels in a dark metallic gray, rather than just black.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Sikkens or Glasurit

QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ May 14 2008, 12:19 PM) *

Eventually, I plan on painting my car myself. I have a little experience painting F-15 parts, and I do a lot of airbrushing, so I think that I can do a good job. However, I've never purchased automotive paint before.

I plan on going to metal in most areas. The car has a very mediocre respray over the factory paint, same color (Tangerine).

I realize that this will be subjective, but what brands of paint have you used, and what did you like? I've seen a few recommendations on various threads, but I'd like a larger sampling of opinions. I'm at least a year away from a paint job, but I'm going to need some etching primer well before I'll need the paint.

Price is a consideration, but I want good paint. Ease of use is a consideration, but I am resigned to the fact that I will be color sanding, at least to get the bugs out biggrin.gif

Do you use the same paint on wheels that you would on the body?

I plan on sticking with Tangerine, but I'm considering doing the rockers and wheels in a dark metallic gray, rather than just black.

scotty b
Glasurit or Spies Hecker poke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.