Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: seat removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dab914
I WAS TRYING TO GET THE SEAT OUT OF MY 73, BUT HAVING TROBLE. I HAVE MY RT HAND IN A CAST (I'M RT HANDED) BUT I STILL THOUGHT IT WOULDN'T BE THIS DIFFICULT. ARE THERE SOME TRICKS I'M MISSING... THANKS DAN
boxstr
Dan the problem is the cap lock on your keyboard is in th elocked position, undue that and your seat will come out with no problem.
CCLINCAPSLOCK
Gint
Shit Dan, I'm tanked, and I can't remember. but that coffee you dumped on the caps lock key last week is working great!
boxstr
Okay, now that you have your cap lock turned off.
Take a long 12 inches screwdriver and and slide it down the seat track, it will trip the seat lock, push on the back of the seat, it will slide out to your amazement.
Good luck after that , with a broken arm, tough to pickup.
CCLINSEATOFYOURPANTS
Bruce Allert
Dan, slide the seat almost as far forward as it will go. On the side of the seat that doesn't have the handle for moving the seat back & forth (under the track) is a blade that needs to be pushed up. If the seat is too far forward it will be hard to push it up. Once you get it up & hold it the seat will slide out. Get a good light & take a look at it. It kinda blends in with the rest of the track.

........b
Gint
I never did master that trick. But no matter how you do it, with a cast on your right hand ( I hand one once) it will be a PITA.
Bruce Allert
gotta be sum gud wine laugh.gif

i'm gonna go git sum beer3.gif

.........b
boxstr
Oh almost forgot, go have glass or three of two buck chuck and then try it. Then it will be a PITA.
CCLINAA
Gint
gotta be sum gud wine  

Gallon jugs with *gasp* screw off tops.
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(boxstr @ Jan 20 2004, 09:44 PM)
go have glass or three of two buck chuck

where the f**k
do I find
2 buck chuck?
is it at the corner grocery down on Burnside? wink.gif

.......b
bernbomb914
The only place to get it is Trader Joes. two buck Chuck is Charles Shaw $1.99
SirAndy
QUOTE(Bruce Allert @ Jan 20 2004, 08:39 PM)
Dan, slide the seat almost  as far forward as it will go. On the side of the seat that doesn't have the handle for moving the seat back & forth (under the track) is a blade that needs to be pushed up. If the seat is too far forward it will be hard to push it up. Once you get it up & hold it the seat will slide out. Get a good light & take a look at it. It kinda blends in with the rest of the track.

agree.gif what he said.

but you need no stinking screwdriver. wink.gif

the drivers seat should be easy with the cast on your right hand, all you have to do is push the seat forward with it.

now, pull up the handle and move the seat as far forward as it goes. then slide it back just a bit (1cm or so).
then, take your left hand and find the rail closest to the door.
you can feel the metal "blade" which you can bend up easy with a finger or two.
then, push the seat forward, it'll slide right out.

while you have it out, now is a good time to check for rust on the floor board. do the crunch test, press on the tar and if you hear it crunching, you have rust.
also, put some grease on the seat rails before you put the seat back on ...

Andy
mikester
I've got a few cases worth of chuck here...
dab914
Thanks. When i get off work tomorrow i'll see if i can get them out & also check for rust. Thank you. dan
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(dab914 @ Jan 20 2004, 10:25 PM)
Thanks. When i get off work tomorrow i'll see if i can get them out & also check for rust. Thank you. dan

Glad to see you got your caps lock fixed, too smilie_pokal.gif
Pnambic
Man! You can get your 914 AND your keyboard fixed here! Is there no end to our collective genious?
This place rocks! laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.