Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: idiot light and manual oil pressure gauge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisReale
Hey all,
go easy on me, its been awhile. So, I have, what I assume is low oil pressure because the damn idiot light has a constant glow. Not full on lit up, but noticable. I want to put a manual oil pressure gauge where the sender attaches to the case to see if in fact there really is low pressure or if its just an electrical issue. can I use any old mechanical gauge and attach it? Got any ideas? I need to get this issue solved prior to anything else.

Thanks. And, just cause its been awhile, sheeplove.gif
ericread
QUOTE(ChrisReale @ May 14 2008, 02:00 PM) *

Hey all,
go easy on me, its been awhile. So, I have, what I assume is low oil pressure because the damn idiot light has a constant glow. Not full on lit up, but noticable. I want to put a manual oil pressure gauge where the sender attaches to the case to see if in fact there really is low pressure or if its just an electrical issue. can I use any old mechanical gauge and attach it? Got any ideas? I need to get this issue solved prior to anything else.

Thanks. And, just cause its been awhile, sheeplove.gif

My green oil light goes on if my oil is too low, if my oil is too high, if my driver-side door is open or if it has recently rained. It's a really great multi-purpose dummy light. confused24.gif

If I replace this with a gauge, how will I know if my driver-side door is open or if it has rained? I think you need to think this through... laugh.gif
SLITS
1/8" NPT ......... Any gauge will do if it reads to about 80 (cold startup)

Could also be the sender ... they are know to fail ya know.
Gint
Man Chris, where have you been?

Any manual gauge should work fine.
jsayre914
If I replace this with a gauge, how will I know if my driver-side door is open or if it has rained? I think you need to think this through... laugh.gif

av-943.gif
gasman
QUOTE(Gint @ May 14 2008, 02:53 PM) *

Man Chris, where have you been?

Any manual gauge should work fine.

I just installed a duel oil sender in my car. You keep the idiot light and can also install a pressure gauge. Gauge and sender cost me about 50.00...I bought a 1/8 braided hose 10" long (sender needs to be grounded) and installed it because the new sender won't fit into the spot where the old sender was.....It works great Now I know the pressure without worring about the light.
ChrisReale
Whats up Gint? Ive been around...the block...
No, I ended up parking my car at moms garage, and haven't had time to mess with it much. Started riding a motorcycle, experinced excessive ammounts of torque for the first time in my life, and was prepared to never look back. But, alas I did, so here I am. Other than that, same old shit.

Now that I think about it (god forbid i ever do that) the sender has been on there for a while, and wasn't new when I got it...
mightyohm
Hey Chris, If you need help replacing the sender, two independent Porsche shops opened up in the city since you last posted... Jeff's garage and Fiid's garage. biggrin.gif Fiid has a Monday night wrenching night almost every week. drunk.gif
ChrisReale
Dude, I didn't even know you lived in the city. My car is in Davis, but I can lend a hand to get back into the groove. Where you at in the city?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.