Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This just in from the Nurburgring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cap'n Krusty
Yup. New record for a production sedan, right up there in Porsche/Ferrari lap times. Care to guess who did it? With a company executive at the wheel?

The Cap'n
plymouth37
Please tell me it's european...
turtleturtle
Nissan GTR, the new one? Nevermind, thats a coupe...
brownaar
Wudn't it the new Caddy CTS-V?
New BMW M3 Sedan?
smontanaro
You gave too many clues. Google to the rescue: Cadillac CTS-V.

Skip
Lexus ISF?
Richard Casto
Not sure if I would call John Heinricy a typical company executive. wink.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Richard Casto @ May 14 2008, 07:52 PM) *

Put it this way: There should be a LOT more company executives like him. And he IS a legitimate executive. Maybe we'd have better cars and fewer car companies in deep financial doo-doo. Ustabe car companies were run by car guys and manufacturing guys, not bean counters, and they made money ..........

The Cap'n
plymouth37
Damn that's impressive especially for a Chevy. The Panamera better top it next year.
Richard Casto
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ May 14 2008, 11:10 PM) *

QUOTE(Richard Casto @ May 14 2008, 07:52 PM) *

Put it this way: There should be a LOT more company executives like him. And he IS a legitimate executive. Maybe we'd have better cars and fewer car companies in deep financial doo-doo. Ustabe car companies were run by car guys and manufacturing guys, not bean counters, and they made money ..........

The Cap'n

Oh, I agree. It's just unfortunate that he is the exception and not the rule. sad.gif
So.Cal.914
Cadillac? blink.gif
messix
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ May 14 2008, 09:12 PM) *

Cadillac? blink.gif

yup cadillac....

not your fathers cadillac!
So.Cal.914
Dad's Cadillac... biggrin.gif

There has to be some points deducted for looks. I'm getting sick of these ugly cars getting a pass for just squirting out numbers (Nissan GTR). I remember a guy back in Hawaii with a very clean Pinto with a blown 302. Fast but... stromberg.gif
messix
and this ruled for a while, powered by.... a cadillac!
championgt1
Allards!! wub.gif
Cap'n Krusty
And before that, THIS! Both of these cars are Cadillacs, one's even a production car ................ Le Mans, 1950

The Cap'n

Grngoat
Wow, that's impressive. I have a 2005 CTS-V and love it. From everything I've read about the 2009, they've addressed all of the things I could complain about and added 150 hp. I'm going to have to buy one after they depreciate a little bit.

My 914 doesn't surprise too many passengers, because they at least have an idea what they are getting into. A lot of people seem to think it has a V8 in it because of the sound. But the V surprises a lot of people. Nobody expects that out of a Cadillac. By the time I'm banging off of the rev limiter at the top of second they are starting to understand.

Now if GM can just get the Volt to work as advertised, maybe they could start to make money again.
newto914s
QUOTE(Grngoat @ May 14 2008, 10:10 PM) *

Wow, that's impressive. I have a 2005 CTS-V and love it. From everything I've read about the 2009, they've addressed all of the things I could complain about and added 150 hp. I'm going to have to buy one after they depreciate a little bit.

wait till march. Caddys depreciate so fast you won't need to wait too long.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(newto914s @ May 15 2008, 12:51 AM) *

agree.gif Way too fast if you ask me.
ericread
Here's the video:

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...28/newsletter01
messix
can any one get the top speed out of that?
Grngoat
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ May 15 2008, 04:45 AM) *

QUOTE(newto914s @ May 15 2008, 12:51 AM) *

agree.gif Way too fast if you ask me.

Well there's a lot of truth in that, but it's not always such a bad thing. Jost don't buy a new one. I didn't buy mine new, I bought it about a year and a half ago, so the really steep part of the depreceation curve was already eaten by the PO. GM in this case, it was a demo.

I've never bought a new car and don't really every plan to. Although, who wouldn't want to buy a new Cayman and get the European delivery? I can dream.

GM is doing a lot better, but they've got to make up for all those years in the mid 70s thru 90s when their quality went downhill. They let the bean counters like Roger Smith run that company into the ground. He actually believed that it didn't matter how much their cars broke down as long as they warrantied it. Yeah, that's great for resale. Hopefully, the real car guys like Heinricy stay in charge.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.