Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Testing my Dolly
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SGB
Yes, of course its a tow dolly.

Borrowed from a freind, I'm testing it as a dry run for the Rocket City Ramble :
RCR thread
We will have this rig for all the runs, tours, whatever the entire time and I wanted to be sure clearances werre OK, and also just make sure I could make it work right. Our dry run became a wet run, but that probably makes for a better testing environment.
Did not actually take it out of the driveway though. I'll save that additional risk for now... But it looked good, the car, which is really low, did not hit anything. All the ligfhts functioned (hey this is Alabama, they don't HAVE to function). I believe it will work well.
SGB
I did not strap this side down, but I think I got it figured out on the other side

on the second try.
ericread
When transporting, do you use a car cover to protect it from chips and rocks? Or do you feel that a cover isn't necessary?
r_towle
a cover blows around and scratches the paint really bad....no cover, no bra.

For towing a car, go to a motorhome place and get a rear sweeper for the truck. Its a lightweight curtain of polyester that hangs down to the ground on the tow vehicle to stop rocks etc.

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.