Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.7 cylinder kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
george405
Hi all, a newbster here, I was wondering if anybody knows where I can find a piston and cylinder kit for my 72 914, 1.7 and mabe a gasket set? reasonably? will vw cylinders work? thanks
Cap'n Krusty
I "might" have a set. They've been unavaiable for years. Only Type 4 VW cylinders will fit. The Cap'n
Rick_Eberle
I know where there are a stack of NOS domed 90mm sets, but the shipping would kill you...
r_towle
QUOTE(Rick_Eberle @ May 15 2008, 06:22 AM) *

I know where there are a stack of NOS domed 90mm sets, but the shipping would kill you...

Are they new??

Rich
type47
i read into your post that you might be on a budget biggrin.gif

instead of getting NLA (maybe that should be attempting to get....) 1.7 p&c, try to get "big bore" 96mm p&c. ebay has budget sets and there is a company "AA" (not auto atlanta) that has budget sets. you do get what you pay for and maybe search comments about quality of AA sets.

standard "while you're in there" and upgrade to boost HP is increasing bore.... 1.7 is 90mm bore if i recall.
Rick_Eberle
QUOTE(r_towle @ May 15 2008, 11:47 PM) *

Are they new??

Rich

Yep.

I found a set for my car over here new in the boxes, and put them in when I rebuilt last year. I happened to mention that I had a set of brand new domed 90mm P's & C's to a guy at a local VW shop... and he showed me a few boxes that he had stashed. At some time in the last few years he had twenty sets (all new in boxes), and he still has "a few" sets left. I can't remember if they were Mahle or Cima, but they were one of those two.

I would assume that they are from some long forgotten ordering mistake, as neither the 914 or the 411/412 were imported here.

Want me to find out more for you?
r_towle
Yes please.
I would like two sets.

Rich
toon1
QUOTE(Rick_Eberle @ May 15 2008, 07:37 AM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ May 15 2008, 11:47 PM) *

Are they new??

Rich

Yep.

I found a set for my car over here new in the boxes, and put them in when I rebuilt last year. I happened to mention that I had a set of brand new domed 90mm P's & C's to a guy at a local VW shop... and he showed me a few boxes that he had stashed. At some time in the last few years he had twenty sets (all new in boxes), and he still has "a few" sets left. I can't remember if they were Mahle or Cima, but they were one of those two.

I would assume that they are from some long forgotten ordering mistake, as neither the 914 or the 411/412 were imported here.

Want me to find out more for you?

I'd be interested in a set also!
Cap'n Krusty
Mahle and Cima are now the same company. 1.7 piston sets were made for VW and the OEM aftermarket by Mahle and Kolbenschmidt.

The Cap'n
jcd914
Not Exactly what you are looking for but I have a set of NOS German Mahle 1.8L P&C's. I don't know if the increase in displacement would make up for the drop in compression and there would be the added cost of cutting the heads to fit them.

Jim

Click to view attachment

RJMII
I've got a set of 1.7 96 mm p&c's, with the heads already flycut, and a gasket kit. They seem to be wanting to find a new owner, also.
george405
how much for all? heads included? thanks
Rob914
I am also interested in one of the NOS domed 90mm sets.
RJMII
QUOTE(george405 @ May 15 2008, 08:39 PM) *

how much for all? heads included? thanks

I'd take $320 plus shipping. Heads included.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.